5 ((Will Probably Edit At Some Point))

Working at the museum was nice, especially for a part time job with high school. I was comfortable with everyone, alive and not, and I knew my way around thanks to Larry's help. The part I like most about this job, however, was the Egyptian Pharaoh himself. He was absolutely adorable. Everything about him made me melt and I loved it. 

I didn't have much of an opportunity to focus on that though as I chased Dexter through the hallways. He had stolen Larry's keys once again and the two of us had split up to find him. Bad news?

He was heading outside.

"Dexter! No! Please, come back! I'm not mad!"

I panted as I continued to run after the devious Capuchin before making a dive for him just before he reached the front doors. Once he was tucked in my arms I let out a victorious cheer as I continued to lay there, hearing running coming my way.

"Got you!"

I smiled as he squealed up at me and handed over the keys.

"Yes, thank you. I appreciate that, Dexter."

"Emma!"

Dexter chose that moment to run off, probably towards wherever Teddy was.

"I'm fine! Just a little...worn out. I forgot how fast he was."

With that said the older night guard helped me to my feet before I brushed myself off.

"That was...impressive, Emma."

I froze for a moment and looked up. Ahkmenrah stood beside Larry, one of his heart melting smiles upon his face and his attention completely and utterly focused onto me.

"I- um, ah-"

I cleared my throat and gave a quick nod.

"Thank you."

And then I sped off towards the Jungle Exhibit. I knew I wasn't really allowed go in but I liked to sit next to the gate and listen to the animals, it relaxed me in a way. I know quite how long I had sat there, long enough for a Zebra to get used to me, but at some point I heard someone sit and clear their throat next to me. As I stroked the Zebra's back through the bars I spared a glance beside me, honestly surprised to see Ahkmenrah.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the very same thing. And for why you are petting a Zebra."

I shrugged.

"Pretty much the center of the museum, if something happens then I'll know. As for why I'm petting a Zebra, he seems to like it."

He gave a small nod of his head and we fell into silence as my eyes went back to the animal, sort of, next to me. Eventually, I heard him clear his throat again.

"Emma, I-"

As I turned to look at him and our eyes met he seemed to freeze up so I put a hand onto his bicep, not wanting to disturb his collar-like-thing, and gave a soft squeeze which seemed to bring him back to reality. Now, however, he seemed to be stuttering which honestly made me smile.

"Ahkmenrah. Calm down. Whatever you want to say, you don't have to be nervous. Not with me."

He nodded and let out a deep sigh before taking my hands, even the one that was still petting the Zebra, into one of his before bringing them to his chest as the other caressed my cheek.

"U-um, Ahkme-"

He shook his head, his gaze never leaving mine.

"Let me speak, or I'll never be able to bring up the courage to again."

I nodded completely confused, and nervous, and I'm sure it showed.

"Emma, for a very long time now I have held you dear to my heart. I may be a...exhibit but I feel just as any other man does."

I wanted to say something. I felt awkward just sitting there. But I couldn't form any words, let alone get anything out of my throat. It felt so dry.

"I can't give you much, if anything, and I can't have a family. But I want you, Emma, if you will have me."

A shaky breath left my mouth and I could feel my eyes start to water. Shock overcame his face, then something akin to terror.

"If I have said something to upset you-"

I shook my head and laughed, actually laughed, as my eyes shut and several tears dropped onto my lap.

"No, no, you're fine. I just- I didn't expect that. At all. From you of all people."

It was his turn now to be confused as his hand dropped my my cheek to my shoulder and he held my own hands closer to his chest.

"From me 'of all people?' Why-"

I drew one hand away from his grip and wiped at my face, erasing any traces of my previous tears.

"You're 'the fourth king of the fourth king,' a Pharaoh. I'm just some random high school Senior working part time as your night guard."

He gave a sort of sad smile before leaning down to press his forehead against mine.

"Oh, but Emma, you are so much more than that to me. You are everything I could have wished for, and more. There is nothing I would change when it comes to you."