Chapter 2

The rest of the lunch went by....quietly. I felt guilty for yelling at my friends but I just couldn't help it. I snapped. I had chemistry next and it was with Arsen. I walked into the class room and sat in my seat, which was next to Arsen... As class started the teacher said we'll be doing a project with partners. People groaned, people cheered. As for me...I stayed quiet. I didn't care that much as long as I wasn't paired with an idiot.

   I just sat quietly and waited to be paired with someone. That someone just had to be one of the people I was avoiding for now..... Arsen. Who was also an idiot. In my book anyway. We already sat together so we didn't have to move anywhere.

I just started to work quietly, but the guilt I was feeling was building up. So I had to apologize. "Archer look....I'm sorry I did that.....you guys were just bombarding me with questions and I just snapped." I mumbled looking down. "Hey.. Cass it's alright we were just worried and we went a little overboard but next time don't get mad at us please you're scary when you're mad." Arsen chuckled.

I playfully punched him in the shoulder," No I'm not you guys are just wusses. " I laughed.

"Are you kidding have you seen these muscles?" he said flexing his arm.

"What? Where are they? What are you talking about? I think  I need glasses or something."I said looking around his arm and the classroom like I was searching for his non-existent muscles.

"Ugh you're so mean to me." He whined. I just laughed and went back to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The rest of the day went by ok. I apologized do to Aaron and Alex for yelling and the day went by normally. Then it was the end of the day and I had to go back to that hell of a place I called home.

. I never let the guys come to my house they drove me there and picked me up but they never went inside.

I never let them anyway.

I always made of lame of excuse of why they couldn't come, like my dad was sick or I had to do chores because my mom was out.

The thing is I don't even have a mom.

     Well not anymore at least. She left when I was three. The guys know something is up but I'll never tell them. They're my best friends and I trust them just not enough to let them know what goes on in my house.

--------
The  next thing I know school is over. As we were walking out to the parking lot, I wasn't paying attention and tripped on a rock and fell basically on my face. Alex tried to catch me but couldn't get there in time. When I hit the ground it hurt so much that I wanted to scream. But I didn't I just the got and dusted myself off, Arsen and Aaron were freaking out and asked if I was ok.

"I'm fine I just have some cuts on my face but their little I'll be fine I went to wipe dirt off my face but when I looked down there was blood.

"You're fine my ass! You're fucking bleeding! Like everywhere!" Alex scowled.

I tried to walk away and not foucus on the blood that was gushing out of my face but my ankle hurt like a bitch. "Fuck!" I squeaked out. I tried to walk again but like I said my ankle hurt like bitch and I almost fell again but this time Aaron caught me,"You're not fine you need to go to the nurse." He said with concern in his eyes. I just sighed not moving. "Fine." I breathed out. But still I stood there unmoving. The guys just stared at me. "Aren't you gonna move?" Arsen asked.

"I can't walk." I said quietly blushing, "Can one of you carry me?" I asked blushing even harder. "I'll do it." All three of them said at the same time. "I said I'll do it." They said once more in unison. "Rock,paper,scissors to see who gets to carry Cassidy!" Alex blurted.

  They started to play and I was getting impatient because they were al, choosing the same thing over and over.

"How about we let Cassidy pick for her self?" They all got in a circle and told me to close my eyes and spin in a circle. After they explained, I did what they said and when I opened my eyes my finger was pointing to Arsen.

"Ha! You guys are losers! I won!" Arsen cheered and was doing a victory dance.

"Well I don't care that you won can you just take me to the nurse" I said irritated.

"Oh yeah right...sorry." Arsen mumbled with a sheepish smile.

He walked towards me and picked me up bridal style. " I swear if you drop me you're a dead man." I warned. "With these muscles I doubt I will." Arsen exclaimed acting all high and mighty.

He started to walked back towards the school and into the nurses office and got out the first aid kit." But you really could've hurt yourself next time be more careful." Arsen said in a soft tone.

"I know..." I sighed, " I just wasn't feeling good today and I felt out of it."

Arsen put his forehead on mine.

"You know you can tell us when something is bothering you right? You know we'll listen." He whispered.

I sighed, "This is one of those things you guys can't help me with....not now...not ever." I closed my eyes.

Arsen took his forehead off mine and frustratedly ran a hand through his hair. Hurt ran across his face. "This is the kind of thing you do that makes us angry! You don't tell us anything!" He yelled making me flinch. He sounded exactly like my dad when he......never mind

He noticed this and his face softened. "Hey...I'm sorry ok?" He said taking a step towards me make me take a step back. He was going to do something, my subconscious told me. When they raise their voice the always do something."Cass I'm not gonna do anything to you I just need to look at your cuts." He said in an even softer tone, reaching out to me. "Come on Cass....."

" Can you just go..." I said fear evident in my voice. "Cassidy..." Arsen said once more. "Just go already!" I shouted not noticing the tears streaming down my face. Arsen walked out of the room to go get Aaron or Alex. But I just sat in the corner crying. I couldn't help it. I can't deal with this anymore! I can't,I just can't do it.....

   Arsen's
POV:

She did it again. For the past few weeks she's been doing this. Every time we get mad or yell at her...she just shrinks back in fear. I don't know what's going on but she needs to tell us. We're trying to help her but she's keeps shutting us out.

As I got back to where Aaron and Alex were I was out of breath. "Dude what's up why are you running?" Aaron asked. I held up a finger  to catch my breath. Then I finally spoke,"It's Cass she did it again." I said breathlessly.

At that they both took off.