The Valley Girl Within?

"I'm glad Nagisa's gonna be okay. It just sucks he can't use his arm for three months! That seems a little excessive..." You were laying upside down on your bed, attempting and failing miserably to eat ice cream while talking with Yukiko.

"Yeah, I know... At least Karma can use his hand once the stitches come out. He's not in a cast or anything." Your friend said, wiping the sticky dessert off your face. You stick your tongue out at her and laugh.

After Itona pulled you into his arms and you blacked out, everything went more or less back to normal. Nagisa and Karma went to the hospital. That was fun trying to make up an excuse for the doctor... But Nagisa had the bullet removed, stitches put in, and a sling tied around his neck to hold his arm.

Karma got off even easier. The shards of wood were removed from his hand, although you were sure he lost almost half his teeth height by grinding them to keep in the pain... He got some simple stitches put in, was told to be very careful until they came out, and was able to leave. As bad as both boys injuries were, they weren't all that hard to deal with.

Luckily, there was no 'I just got home what the hell am I going to say to my parents' talk. Both boys live together in a small apartment, and rarely talked to their parent(s).

Thinking back to the hazy moments before you blacked out, you could feel the warmth of his arms around yours, and the small muscles in his legs as he pulled you into his lap. A small blush crossed your face, not unnoticed by your black haired friend.

"What are you thinking about, you little sneak~?" She teased you, laughing when she noticed your blush get worse. "Just thinking of the awesome character customization in Phantasy Star Online 2! Lets go see if we can meet any cute boys who actually speak english~" You wink at your friend and flip over on your bed before both of you start up your computers.

~~~~~~

Two hours, three missions, and several failed flirting attempts later, the two of you were cracking up too much to be able to play properly.

" 'my two favourite letters of the alphabet, E and Z~' oh my god I can't believe he said that!" You were laughing so hard it was difficult to get out the repeated words, taking a breath and laughing even harder each time you look at Yukiko.

" 'Do you need a napkin? Because you look DIRTY~' " Yukiko was cracking up at the crappy pickup lines used on you two earlier.

" 'I lost my virginity, can I have yours~?' "

" 'If I followed you home, would you keep me~?' "

" 'Hey baby~ Got any cavities I can fill~?' "

Just hearing the different pickup lines made you laugh so hard you started coughing. You pushed yourself away from the table, drinking out of a glass of water.

"While we're on the subject of pick-up lines..." Yukiko looked over at you, her wide innocent eyes clear. "What kind of line would you like Itona to use on you~?"

You almost spit your water out, but caught yourself just in time for it to dribble down your chin. Grossed out, you wiped it off and teasingly glared at your friend.

"None!" You playfully yell. "Oohh, straight to the point with a kiss then~?"

"Yukiko!" At this point you were giggling and bright red, not even imagining the things she was saying, just embarrassed that she would bring them up.