Chapter 23 - Bearing pain

Jace stood back at school looking at Dustin. A crowd of students were packed into the gym and in the middle was a circle of stakes, daggers and swords. Dustin stood in the middle, like he was in an ethnocentric world.

"Today, we will take our chance and rule the vampires!" Students shouted in agreement. "Group 1 goes in to the school. Group 2, the forest and group 3 the town." The groups were made by their size and weight.

Jace stood stunned watching the students reactions. He could only hope that everything would turn out ok.

***

Kalen groaned, the darkness fading from her vision. She lifted her head slightly to see Cera in the cell across from her. Her wrists were bound with chains as well as her ankles. The chians clattered on the floor, making a scarping chinking sound.

" Kale.." Cera whispered as she watched Kalen fade once again. Around her body was blood from the bullet wound.

Cera watched Kalen. Her forehead broke out with sweat and she could see where she was shot by the way she was resting to the wall. Her stomach stained over her white tshirt turning into a pink color. Besides her, Kayden coughed just waking up. He glanced at Cera.

"We need to help Kalen." He said quietly struggling to shimmy his way out of the chians. They wouldnt budge.

Aaron coughed repeatly, looking up and down the cell. A strange fog entered his cell along with Annabeth and Ridley. He knew this was Wolfsbane but it didnt affect him. He tilited his head, his back leaning agianst the back wall hearing the soft coughs of everyone. He could smell Kalen's weird scent enter his nose. "Kale." He whsipered.

Annabeth could feel the heat beating down on her like a microwave. She couldnt keep her eyes opened. She gazed at Ridley who still hadnt woken up yet.

Mr. Akon walked down to the cells, pride on his face. His footsteps echoed through the concerte floor. "I see we've had a comfortable stay?" he questioned. He saw theri weak strucken faces and the blood of Kalens slowing retreating out of her stomach. "Im sure you all know why your here?"

He wlaked back and forth through the cells passing by the werewolves on the right then the vampires to the left. "You guys have a caused corruption. on the campus. Better yet a war!" He raised his voice firmly.

Aaron raised his head, moaning softly hearing the words of Mr. Akon. "A war?" He repeated under his breath.

Mr. Akon turned to face Aaron. "Yes, wolfie. This would change our school forever." He grinned. "You see, the kids who ran away or became. an orphan was is a descendant of ethier James or Landon." he turned to Aaron. "Does that answer your question? Besides, the vampire will emerge tonight form the ruins of mortallity. Most cant expect the change. It only comes painfully. With the increase of vampires...comes a new era." He announced. He could hear the weak coughing from the werewolf side from Annabeth and Ridley.

Aaron shook his head. "Thats crazy!" He protested, the chains rattling around him.

Mr. Akon laughed with amusement. "Yes, yes it is. But, Kayden..do you really know me?" He turned his attention to Kayden.

He lifted up his head, his sight dazed and his nose filled with the coppery scent of blood. He knew it was Kalens. That was a fact. A loud growl exited his lips. "You tried to kill Kalen."

Mr. Akon looked insulted but he stood his ground, his hand gripping on the cell bars. "Look more closely. " He say with a grim voice.

Kayden squint his eyes and it felt as he knew Mr. Akon forever like he was his,"Father." His blue piercing eyes seem to cast the same shadow into each others. The features: The strong cheek bones and muscler setting hidden in his arms. "Why?" He whispered. He felt as though his heart had been shredded into a million pieces. "You killed mother. "