Part Twenty

A/N: Hey everyone, Sam here!

Right now I'm sat writing this with the music from Mamma Mia playing on repeat (because this music seriously increases my productivity :/ ) whilst planning a sequel to this book! A SEQUEL!

This book actually followed on from 'How It Began' my first Clintasha FanFiction set in Budapest, but I appreciate that some of you guys haven't read that, so I tried to make this book work as a standalone book too.

So I guess you could say that this 'sequel' is the third instalment to this series.

I have already planned the basic plot-line and trust me; I've found the perfect villain to be a part of it!

I've decided to include some other characters in it too, and it will be taking place before Avengers Assemble.

I wish I could spill the beans and tell you all of my ideas but I would hate to spoil it...

I started writing 'Fighting Next To You' last year and began uploading it around February-March. Since I began writing it I've successfully written seventeen thousand words and twenty full chapters. Saying that now, it doesn't seem like that much. I've read books with hundreds of chapters with millions upon millions of words, so this book is fairly short.

I think I prefer writing shorter books, I get bored easily and couldn't imagine writing a seventy chapter book without getting really agitated, and I want the parts I upload to be of the best quality, which involves a lot of proofreading. I will never upload something that I'm unhappy with, which means that each chapter gets a high level of attention, so writing a longer book would probably kill me and drain me of energy.

You may have noticed that I've been uploading this book more frequently, and when I begin the new book I'm planning to upload a part per week because I know how irritating it is when a FanFiction you like is never updated.

I've been uploading more because I really want to be done with this book so I can start the next one, and I think you guys should be getting a proper dose of Clintasha daily (but I won't be uploading my new book daily, it will be weekly).

This year on WattPad has been insane. I've spoken to loads of new, talented authors, I've began writing different FanFictions that are not Marvel related which was definitely a challenge for me. I was worried that you guys would be annoyed that I stepped away from Marvel to write a KickThePj FanFiction, but honestly, I love writing both. Writing Marvel never gets boring, there's so much to write about and you can never run out of plot lines or characters, but it also gets really intense, like really intense. Writing my KickThePj FanFiction has been a lot less intense and more calm and fluffy. Having a healthy ratio of calm to intense has proved successful in my eyes.

Also, we hit one thousand reads on this book, which is absolutely insane, so thank you very much! Hopefully I can show my gratitude by making the sequel readable... We'll see...

I know this author's note was super long, and I apologise for that, but I really appreciate your constant support, it's you guys that make me really love writing. I write every day, during school, at home, at three o'clock in the morning, and I've even started writing in my head whilst I'm out and about!

I hope you guys have enjoyed this book as much as I've loved writing it, and let's hope the next book trumps this one!

Please remember to recommend, comment and vote, and enjoy!

I hope you're all well, and I'll speak to you soon,

~ Sam xx

Clint's apartment is really nice, and much tidier than I expected it to be. Both bedrooms have an ensuite, making it really easy for us both to use the bathroom. Obviously I'm paying rent, but nothing nearly as much as what I was paying for my last place. It's Friday night, and Clint and I have ordered pizza and are watching Doctor Who. It's my favourite show, and I've managed to convert Clint into a whovian. The pizza has arrived, and we're sitting on the couch, munching away whilst watching the TV avidly. Once the episode is finished, Clint clears our plates away. "It's been a fun couple of months, right?" Clint smiles whilst loading the dishwasher.

"It sure has, I've enjoyed every second." I creep up behind him and kiss him on the cheek, whispering, "Thank you." into his ear. I can see the smile stretch across Clint's face as he spins around and picks me up off the floor.

"No, thank you." He kisses me gently and puts me down again just as the phone begins to ring. Clint picks it up quickly. Does S.H.I.E.L.D know about our relationship? Not really. They know that we're currently living together, and they know that now we are mission partners, but they don't know that we're going out; Fury would probably have a heart attack if he knew. Clint puts the phone down.

"That was S.H.I.E.L.D; we need to go in, now." Clint speaks with sudden authority. I nod and grab my jacket and car keys. I wonder what they've got in store for us this time...