ღ Chapter 17 ღ

July 21, 2016
Jacob Perez

"Why, Ray?"

He sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know Jacob... I just- I caught Eric doing it once and he looked so relaxed at the moment." He shook his head. "I got curious, so I tried it and I told myself it just be an experiment or something, y'know... But, it became addictive then Eric found out and we started arguing about how dangerous a drug it is –which I thought was dumb because he was doing it too– and the more we argued, the more cocaine I used until I tried to quit cold turkey a few days ago."

"I don't want you to leave and then have another accident and I can't be there to help you." I said "I know J, but after today I'm done with that. I swear, I am and I'm not going anywhere. Eric is just gonna have to wait for me to come back, until I get myself together."

"Good, I knew something drastic would happen while you were gone." I smirked "Why didn't you say anything, you whore?"

"You were happy and Eric's dick had you under spell."

"Damn right, if anything happens between us I don't think I'll ever find someone who could fuck me like that. That man is blessed." Ray laughed. "I so glad you're okay. Boogie had a fit when he saw all those paramedics surrounding you. He kept asking if Way dead. Poor kid, you had him scared."

"Where is he? I feel like shit for messing up his birthday party." "He was still at his party but they should be on their way here."

"They?"

"Yeah, Chres and Joey stayed there with him and his little friends while Karen, Jai and I came here with you." I explained "Even though he was worried he wouldn't leave without seeing that damn mouse one last time. But, he didn't want to open any presents until you were present so, we're gonna wait until later when you're all better."

"What?" I asked Ray who was grinning at me. "Nothing, I'm just happy for you. That's all."

"Knock, knock." The door was slowly opening then it was roughly pushed into the wall and Jamie's little self came running inside. "Mama, Papa trying to get me." He jumped into my lap.

"C'mere." Joey said walking into the room. "You want me and Ray to jump papa?" "Yes!"

"I need to call Eric and let him know my flight back will be delayed... For a couple months."

"You stay wit' us Way?" Jamie asked getting excited. "Yes, Boogie I'm staying with you." Ray lifted him from my lap and onto the hospital bed. "Yay, it's big house now. You can sleep in my bed."

"I can't, I'm too big for your bed." Jamie pouted and crossed his arms, laying on Ray's chest.

Rayan Lopez
While everyone was out getting some food, I decided it was time to give Eric a call. "Hey baby, how was the birthday party?"

"It was fine... Until I got to the hospital." I chuckled nervously. I heard shuffling in the background "Hospital? What're you doing at a hospital- don't tell me you were using coke again. What did I tell you about that, hmm? That shit isn't anything to play with Ray." He chastised me. "You're becoming an addict. You don't know what you're doing to yourself." He sighed.

"Not to be rude or anything- but you sound like a hypocrite, considering you do it too."

"Unlike you, I know how to control myself." He said, getting loud. "I didn't call you to argue, I'm staying here for a while." I told him.

"And just how long is a while?" "I don't know, until I'm ready to come back." "Until you're ready to come back?" He scoffe

"Yes, you better behave yourself." "I always behave."

"I'm serious Eric, if I find out-"

"Chill out baby, you don't have anything to worry about. I swear." He sighed "Listen, I love you and I'll call you again in the morning."

"Love you too." He said quietly. "I'll talk to you later." I mumbled.

"Okay." He ended the call. "I got you a grilled cheese, it's the only thing that looked some what appealing to the human eye." Jacob came in with Jamie holding two large cups of ice in his short arms. "Way can go home now, mama?"

"I don't know yet Jamie, we gotta talk to the doctor first." Jacob took the cups from him and placed them on the little table before lifting Jamie up into the chair next to him. "Oh... Ice." Jamie reached into the cup grabbing a handful of ice and stuffed it into his mouth.

I took a small bite into one of the triangular pieces of grilled cheese but I ended up spitting it out tasting cold cheese. "Looks can be very, very deceiving."

"See J, I told you it would be nasty. I never trust hospital food, unless it's soup." Jai said as she walked in with Karen, Joey and Chresanto they had Chinese takeout. "The soup in that kitchen looked like dish water with pieces of mint floating around at the top." Jacob frowned.

  "I have never been so happy to see Chinese food." I said digging into the shrimp lo mein.

Vote & Comment