Chapter 1

-Warning: Mature Humor-

  Your life as a trained assassin contains a shipping boat of surprises. Oh, how you wished it was something like a birthday party or a new puppy. Hell, even a candy bar would be nice from time to time, but no. Your surprises were more than unpleasant. For instance, going back to your small, seemingly harmless apartment, and finding a tall man with a loaded gun pointing at your head the moment you walked though the door. Great way to end the day, ey?

  Your eyes  scanned over him thoroughly, making sure your vision caught every detail. This man, if he hadn't broken into your home, would have been someone you would have classified as 'your type'. He was absolutely stunning. His posture was nothing shy from perfection, his outfit was formal; a suit that had to cost more than a college tuition. He had bright red hair that lazily sat on his head, and his eyes were the most oddest shade of hazel; almost matching mercury. Though, having enthralling eyes they seemed to have their attention on everything other than what mattered most. You.

  You stood in the doorway, your gaze now glued to the gun that pointed directly at your head. Fear was not in your very limited list of emotions,  you stared at this man with his gun in hand as if it was just another Tuesday. Speaking of hands, yours held a grocery bag, and what a shame it would be if the milk got all over the floor due to you getting shot.

  "I'm Impressed." He finally said, breaking the silence and deepening your confusion. You replied with nothing other than a simple raise of your brow. Finally those magnificent eyes came in contact with you. They looked over your body up and down before he continued.

  "With you, of course" The gun was firmly in his grasp, but as he spoke to you he carelessly flung the gun around as if it were as harmless as a stuffed bear, having no sense of the dangers or the consequences. Maybe that was the way he wished it to look. After all, this man went through the effort to find you. He surly wouldn't care if his gun plays an "accidental" game of 'Pop Goes the Assassin.' Maybe it was a coincidence. He meant to rob someone and you were just the lucky one? No, that can't be it. A suit like that and he's robbing apartments that costs less than a cardboard box? There's no way. Then why....why was he here?

  "It took me weeks to find you... Quite honestly, I was expecting it to be much easier, ...but you" He shortened the distance between the two of you. He shook his gun at your chest almost like a disappointed mother would, but his face read pure excitement. "You're too good to be easy."

  "If only you were there to tell that to the guy during prom night." Your tone was quite dry. Showing nothing, even if you were bursting with interest. His head tilted upwards at the sudden remark. An eyebrow raised as he looked at you once again. "Cute." His tone wasn't one that was sarcastic or overbearing. He sounded amused.

  "Are you aware of who I am, (Y/N)?" It was then that you felt as though your whole world was crashing all around you. How did he know your name? How the hell did he get your name? The last time you even recalled using it was on a paper in high school, and surely he didn't contact your teachers. Your eyebrows arched in frustration. This man was able to find you without a hitch and he knew your real name?

  He was far to good to keep alive. "A man who needs to get out of my house before I whoop his ass?" You question, your tone merging with nothingness and anger. You hadn't intended to come off this way, but it made no sense. How did this man get your damn name?

  "Oh ho, struck a nerve have I?" You clenched the grocery bag tighter.

  "Karma Akabane should ring a few bells..." Indeed it did. Karma Akabane had been someone a client hired you to assassinate a while back. He made the most difficult of targets, but it was fun until your client suddenly disappeared, leaving you with no obligation to kill.

  "And what do you want, Mr. Akabane." A devilish grin crossed his face.

  "As any other man would, I have a job offer and i'd like you to do it."

  Huh, interesting.