Chaper 2

"You know I have like a hotline for stuff like this? You didn't need to break into my Appartement for it" you mutter, your words forming slowly as you spoke. Your eyes glazed themselves over him once again, soaking in every detail of his surprisingly amazing figure. Some bits were covered by the clothing with no help for the imagination while others were hugged perfectly.

You had only scanned him for good measures, but nothing stopped you from taking him in.  It was such a shame that a beautiful man like him was going to have to die before the two of you parted ways. He knew your identity, that information alone was far too valuable for him to live.

You had grown unamused with the gun still pointing where you stand and carefully, watching every step you took; you made your way to the kitchen. It was about time you put this damn milk away. Just because being an assassin wasn't cheap didn't mean you weren't.

"But that wouldn't be as much fun, now would it?" His eyes narrowed as he watched your actions. You could tell by the look in his eye that he was prepared to shoot at a moments notice, he wasn't one to be messed with.

"It would have been easier than finding my name and address." you took the opportunity to point out and taking your finger to flick on the light. A new glow was now overflowing in the small apartment that you found yourself quite attached too.

"I suppose it would have been..." his body was hesitant, but once it had made its mind up it slowly inched closer to you, him peering in to watch.

"Speaking of which, how did you find my name?"

"I'm just that good."

"Then why don't you kill the target?"

"I don't like to get my hands dirty"

"That's what hand sanitizer is for" his eyes rolled dramatically.

"Care to tell the truth now?." You comment back with the smallest of eye rolls as you were finally able to set the grocery bags down on the counter, one step closer to helping them find their way home into your cupboards.

"Would an tentacle monster and a virtual girl suffice as an answer?"  Your gaze landed back on him.

"Sounds like a bad porno to me. Try again." you heard a soft, amused exhale of breath leave him and watched his body lean against the doorframe.

"Let's go with self-taught."

Your hands were finally able to bring themselves to the bag and then started to bring out one item after another. It was when the milk finally met the coldness of the fridge where you were finally able to feel a sensation of relaxation. Well almost anyway, there was still a gun pointing in your direction. "Enough with the small talk, are you going to take the job or not?"

"As if the choice was mine to make, given the circumstances." A Sudden icy tone was pictured as you spoke.

"Well, it is really. You could choose to die, here and now or you could decide to kill one measly person for me." he had to be on strike three by now.

"Who is the target?"

"My father"  your eyebrows raised in a questionable manner. How cold could one person be?

"Daddy issues huh? Normally people just dress up and dance on a pole, but you're taking it to a whole other level"  he took in a deep sigh.

"As a result of your...kindness, I promise not to release any information on your actual identity and you get to keep your life"

"OH gee, thanks" a sarcastic tone was certainly present in your voice as you spoke. "
"I have to go, it's my lunch break and I really don't want to be late again. I suggest keeping your phone nearby so I'm able to text you details later" he hadn't even awaited your answer, it was at a sudden, but nearly as quickly as he came, he was gone.

Did he come here on a lunch break? Did his job have no morals?

There was something odd about him, his suite, his time, the way he spoke, he had to be of at least some importance. He seemed far too smart. Maybe it wasn't really in your best interest to pull fast one.

What was you to do them? You were the Phantom. You had killed all of your targets, your work was flawless, there was no evidence no witnesses you were the perfect assassin. Yet somehow this guy was able to find your name, your address, Hell even your phone number.  He wasn't playing around, he really is skilled and that just makes him a challenge.

That means there was only one solution...you had to accept the job to end his life. Your lips couldn't help the small smirk that danced upon your lips. It's been a long time since you had a proper challenge. It was a delightful change in pace. but still...

a puppy would have been a hell of a lot nicer as a gift.