four

"Not knowing could get me killed."

Juliette's P.O.V:

I walked up to the front door of the house and took in a sharp breath.

She's my sister, how could I say no to her when she's in need of my help? How could I say 'no' when I'm in need of the money also? How could I turn down my only way of getting into college and making a life for myself? My future is on the line right now as we speak and I need to make sure everything comes out right... not only for my sister but for me.

Though I didn't want to have to lie consistently to someone's face, to play with their emotions, to hide who I truly am... it's too late to even think about turning around now.

Marisa was already on her way to the airport. She told me that yesterday she took the money out of the bank, she'll have it until she comes back and then she'll give it to me.

I gripped my right hand onto the doorknob, quietly twisting it, before walking in and closing the door behind me.

I took a couple steps forward, looking up at the two way staircase that leads up to the second floor of the house. I admired the cleanliness of the house. My eyes traveled down the center of the stairs, looking past the foyer to get a full view of the living room. A flat screen tv hung on the bright, white walls of the living room.

Two pillars going up to the ceiling right in between the division of the living room and what looked like a den. Silk curtains hung from the windows, shining under the moonlight.

I quietly walked over to the curtains and ran my hands over them, feeling how soft they felt in the palm of my hands. To my right, I saw a marble counter, my guess being that it was a part of the kitchen.

Figuring I saw enough of the house, I decided to not waste any time and just head upstairs and begin to look for my bedroom because of course, Marisa forgot to tell me which one was the one I'll be sleeping in.

Right when I was just about to head upstairs, my phone chimed from my back pocket. I took a step back to let my hand reach down to my left side pocket.

Forgot to tell you, when you get inside, go to my closet; there's a lil note there for you. Thanks again, sis! xoxo

I merely rolled my eyes at the last thing Marisa said in her text, 'xoxo' like, who says that?

Which one is your bedroom?

I replied knowing it would be best to ask her than snooping around each bedroom to find out which one I'd be sleeping in.

The bedroom at the far right of the hallway; the one with double doors :)

I typed a thank you to her before stuffing my phone into my back pocket and grabbing onto the stairway handle.

I made my way upstairs, step by step, one at a time, going slowly as I possibly could as I kept my eyes forward. I felt my breath shorten the closer I got to the top, yet, the closer I got, the further away the door seemed to get. It was as if my whole body was trying to procrastinate so I wouldn't get to the bedroom.

Finally reaching the top, I slowly cracked opened the door, praying it wouldn't make any creaking noises. I opened the it just enough to let me through and then quickly closed it shut.

I take a deep breath and turn around and look over at the bed. I can see the outline of Justin's body under the covers.

Once the sun rises, I'll have to begin a game of lying, a game of deceiving someone I personally still haven't met.