The Two Strangers

Matt POV

I ran out of the house to figure out what the dog was barking at and I could see people trying to get into our smokehouse. I cocked the gun in my hands as I approached them. "This is private property and I'm asking you to leave." The couple stepped away from the smokehouse with their hands raised. She stepped behind him and he got his gun out. It was pointed towards me as I raised my gun to stare him down. "We have been traveling for the last few days without any food or water. Our boat was wrecked close to your shore." "Why should I believe you?" He lowered the gun and I lowered mine to a point. "We don't want to cause any trouble, we are just hungry and thirsty." "We will get you something to eat, follow me." I led them to the fire pit outside and I motioned them to sit down. I walked over to my cabin as Amelia was still playing with the kids. "I need you to cook up some deer meat for our guests by the fire." "We have guests?" "They said that their boat wrecked close to land. They haven't had any food for the last few days." She got up from the floor and went over to the cooler in the corner. "Tell them it will be a few minutes." I walked out of the house to see them huddle together and they were shivering. "My wife is cooking up something and it will be ready shortly." He nodded his head as he turned back towards the girl. "My name is Matt Brown and the two of you are?" "I'm Jasper Smith and this is my wife, Zoey." "What brings you to Alaska?" "How did you know that we weren't from Alaska?" "You can just tell." "We were coming up here for a fifth anniversary. We live in St. Louis, Missouri but neither of us are from there." "Where did you grow up?" I noticed the wife wasn't saying a word or even looking at me. "I grew up in Arizona and she is from South Dakota." "How did the two of you meet?" "Here is your food." Amelia came up behind me as she handed them each a plate of meat. She sat next to me as I introduced them. 

Bear POV

I had gotten a hotel room for the four of us that was across the street from the hospital. I haven't asked her about the car accident because she was still upset about Luna. The hospital was allowing me to borrow one of their cribs that people had left for people that are in need. Charlotte was being released from the hospital and I was more than happy to take her to the hotel room. Grace was being released today as well and we were all seeing them off at the dock later. I had left the room to find Ana and I something to eat before we could leave. I opened the door to see my wife was trying to change clothes. John had taken Ana for a walk outside and Bam had taken Luna to one of her treatments. I could see all of the bruises on her body as she turned to face. "I know I'm not that beautiful right now, so you don't have to stare." "You will always be beautiful to me." I closed the door behind me as I waked over towards her. "Do you need help getting dressed?" "I think I'm okay." She got dressed as I laid out of the food for us. John came in moments later with Ana that was talking up a storm. "Are you guys ready to eat?"

Grace POV

Gabe had helped me get dressed as I looked at myself in the mirror. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me. "I really wished I could have just taken your clothes off instead of putting them on." I leaned my head to side as he kissed my neck and shoulder. I was starting to give into him as the door interrupted us. He pulled away from me as we saw Bam. "We are all going down to the dock, are you ready to go?" "Yes, we will meet you downstairs." He closed the door on his way out and then Gabe grabbed the bag. "I want to have another baby." "You want to try again after all of this?" "Yes, after the six-week mark, I want to try again." "How much longer do I have to wait?" "Two weeks and then I'm all yours." "Let's get home before I take you on the hospital bed." He took my hand as we made our way downstairs. He held onto me tightly as we met up with the rest of the family. The walk down to the dock was short and quiet. We stood in front of the Integrity and then looked back at our other family members. I hugged Charlotte first. "We will see you when you get back home." We were both crying as I pulled away. "Just six more weeks and then we will be home." We said our goodbyes and got loaded onto the boat. Gabe made me rest on the bed in the boathouse as we pulled away from the dock. I stared at the ceiling as I fell asleep to the sound of the waves on the side of the boat.

Charlotte POV

We had made our way back to the hotel when I decided to take a shower. He was going to put the girls down for their nap and then join me. I didn't hear him come in until I felt his arms around me. "I'm so happy that your awake. I have missed you so much." "How long was I in the coma?" "Six weeks and it was very hard to take care of both girls by myself. Do you remember anything from that night?" "I keep thinking that I saw my ex-husband." "I thought you told me he was dead." "He died in a car crash but I never saw the body because I told he was in pieces. They had given me his wedding ring back and I knew it was his because the carving we had put in our rings." "What did you do with the rings?" "I sold them before I left San Francisco." "Why did you sell them?" "I wanted us to have enough money saved up." I turned the shower off and we got out together. He handed me a towel. "I just don't know how I saw Jeremy that night. I wasn't right in the head either, so I don't know what I saw." "We will find out what really happened that night but tonight we need to sleep." He helped me into comfortable clothes as we made our way to our bed. He pulled me close to him as I laid my head on his chest. "It feels amazing to be back in your arms." He kissed my head as I fell asleep in the arms of my loving husband.