Chapter 1 A Familiar Face?

(Y/N) shuffled into her shoes as she quickly grabbed her keys. A dissatisfied meow came from the kitchen but (Y/N) had no time right now. With a quick heel turn she was out the door and on her way to the hospital. Today she was starting her new job as one of the members of the cleaning personal at Forks Hospital. It wasn't the most prestigious job in the world nor what (Y/N) had originally intended but she didn't mind. It was a decently paying job and that's really all she needed for now.

It wasn't too far away from her apartment either so she didn't need to worry about transportation. The woman shivered a bit at the cool winter air. It was early February and it was still pretty cold out. It had snowed a bit the night prior but not enough for it to stick to the ground. Instead, puddles of water lined the edges of the roads, cars splattering it up onto the side walks as they drove past.

(Y/N) didn't mind the cold so much. It was kind of nice in her opinion. It gave her a good excuse to stay inside. Yeah, she wasn't much for socializing. Probably one of the reasons she had taken the job she had. It had little to do with people. It wasn't like she disliked people. In fact she loved talking to others and having fun with people. It was more the peoples reactions to her. (Y/N) could be a bit strange at times and some didn't take it as well as others might.

(Y/N) looked up at the building before her, entering quickly to get it over with. She had been here a few months prior to take a look at it so she knew how it looked. A tour would be given when she had changed into her uniform and then she'd be set to work.

A few hours later and (Y/N) was fully acquainted with the small hospital. It wasn't that big but that was fair. Forks was a fairly small town. Her tour had taken a little less than half an hour and afterwards she had been set to work in the hallways with cleaning the floors and putting out wet floor signs. It wasn't the worst job but surely not the most favorable either.

(Y/N) let out a small breath as she changed the mop and put one of the yellow signs down. Grabbing her cart, the woman started moving down the hallway to get to the next destination. However as she was about to turn a corner something caught her eye. She blinked as she peeked inside one of the patient rooms.

One of the doctors stood in there discussing something with the young man laying on the bed. However this doctor was... wow. Just... wow. (Y/N) had no idea how to explain it. She stopped dead in her tracks as she watched the scene. His moving lips that produced the most gorgeous sound with the slightest English accent to it. His light blonde hair slicked back, leaving his golden eyes free from any hair and fully exposed to everyone else. His pale white skin against the doctors coat he was wearing.

There was something strange about him. Not because he was exceptionally handsome. There was something... familiar about him. As if (Y/N) had met him before or something but she was sure she'd remember if she had.

It wasn't until the doctor moved and began walking out of the room that (Y/N) realized she had been staring for quite a while. She scrambled to get back to her cart and quickly grasped onto it as she began rolling it down the hallway, her face red from embarrasment. Hopefully he hadn't seen her!

"Excuse me!" That voice called out behind her. (Y/N) froze and slowly turned to face the man who was now only a few steps away from her. "Are you here to clean the vacant room?"

"I- uhm no." (Y/N) squeaked out, shaking her head. "I was assigned th-the hallways today."

"Ah, I see." The man frowned and even with the slight curl of his forehead was he as handsome as ever. "Sorry to interrupt then. I don't think I've seen you here before?"

"I'm, uh... new." (Y/N) explained awkwardly with a small nod.

"Oh, welcome then." A warm smile spread on his handsome features. (Y/N) gripped tighter onto her cart as she felt her legs get a bit mushy under her. "I'm Carlisle Cullen, chief doctor here."