One-shot Pokemon GO!?

Hello my dear readers! This chapter will be a bit different. It's a one-shot that you yourself can decide wether you want to have actually happened or not. It's within the same universe as the main story but it's up to you wether you want it to be canon or not.

I will probably write more than these and if you have any requests for them then please do leave a comment! I'd be glad to have more excuses to write. It can be just about anything. Just remember, I don't write lemons/smut or any kind of death scenarios.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!

______________

Carlisle had recently started noticing something about (Y/N) (L/N). She was new at the hospital, that much was certain, but she was quite peculiar. It wasn't the way she acted or anything or even her looks. In fact Carlisle though she was quite beautiful. It was more because every now and then when he spotted her in the hallways, cleaning the floor, she'd suddenly stop. Then she'd proceed to pull out her phone, mess with something on it for a good thirty seconds before either stomping in the floor angrily or fist pumping the air as if she had won something. After that little display she'd look back up and put her phone back in her pocket before continuing on with work.

Carlisle wanted to ask her what she was doing but he thought it would be snooping. However, one day his curiosity got the better of him and he just couldn't resist. As he was walking down the hallway he spotted (Y/N) looking down at her phone with a determined look on her face. The doctor caved in and approached her.

"Miss (L/N)?" Carlisle called, making (Y/N) jump in surprise and quickly turn, her face red and her heart beating faster.

"D-Dr. Cullen?" She stuttered out, trying to stand straight quickly but ultimately failing. "What can I do for you today? One of the patients throw up in their room?"

"No that's not it." He shook his head as he glanced down at (Y/N)s phone. "I was just curious about something."

"Oh?" (Y/N) glanced down at her phone as well, tapping it before looking back up at Carlisle.

"What is it you're doing on your phone so often?" He asked curiously. (Y/N) blinked before she seemed to realize the question fully.

"Oh! That!" (Y/N) turned her phone around and held it up so Carlisle could see. "It's an app for the phone. Pokemon GO!"

"Ah, I think I've heard the name on the news a lot recently." Carlisle studied the screen curiously. A tiny character with yellow themed clothes was standing on what looked to be a map. Suddenly a little burst of leaves jumped up and a little bird popped up next to it. The phone vibrated and (Y/N) smiled gleefully.

"There is a Pokemon right now!" She quickly took it back in front of her face before deflating again. "Damn. Another Pidgey."

Carlisle walked up beside her, looking over her shoulder as the woman flicked a red and white ball at the bird that had appeared on the floor of the hospital where he had just been standing. On the phone itself of course. Carlisle could feel (Y/N) tense as he leaned further down towards the screen to watch as the ball captured the 'Pidgey' and started wobbling around on the floor. After a bit the ball went still and (Y/N) smiled triumphantly.

"Do you know about Pokemon?" (Y/N) looked up at Carlisle who thought for a bit. He had certainly heard the word before and knew the basis of it but he had never really been so interested in video games. "If not I could teach you! Then we could play together."

As Carlisle let out a small chuckle (Y/N) visibly stiffened as she started to stutter out an apology and explain how she 'hadn't meant it that way'. Carlisle just smiled lightly before shaking his head.

"I'm grateful for the offer but I don't think it's my kind of thing." He declined politely as (Y/N) seemed to relax a bit more again. "How come you play it at work though?"

"That's because..." (Y/N) hesitated, a sheepish smile on her face. "You can hatch eggs into Pokemon and to hatch them you need to walk a certain amount of kilometers. There are two kilometer eggs, five, and ten as the highest one. The higher the egg, the better Pokemon you get! Also... there is a gym right here at the hospital and the two other teams keep taking it over..."

"Teams?" Carlisle questioned as (Y/N) nodded, again showing him her screen.

"See how my profile is mostly yellow?" As she said, there was a continuos theme of yellow with a large yellow bird logo behind her character who was also sporting yellow clothes. "That's because I'm on yellow team. Or team Instinct as its formal name is." (Y/N) scrolled down a bit and pointed on the same logo as further up with the name Team Instinct under it in bright yellow text. "There are the two other teams. Valor and Mystic. Or red and blue respectively."

"So it's a capture the flag type game?" Carlisle asked, his interest piqued. (Y/N) shook her head.

"Yes and no." (Y/N) went out of her profile and showed the currently yellow square on the map right by their gym. She tapped on it and it went into the structure and showed (Y/N)s character standing next to a large bird by the name Pidgeot. "You can take gyms by battling the other teams for it and beating down their prestige. Then you can place a Pokemon in there for yourself and make it a challenge for others to take it!"

"That's quite interesting." Carlisle admitted, straightening up as he smiled down at (Y/N). "Perhaps I will give it a try later on."

"Please do!" (Y/N) nodded with a bright smile. "It would be nice if you could join Instinct too. My team is kind of the underdog and I can't hold the gym for myself for very long."

"Alright then, Instinct. I'll remember that." Carlisle said a brief goodbye as he kept walking to his next destination. He couldn't help but let a smile stay on his face all day as he thought about the glint in (Y/N)s eyes as she had explained the game.