Chapter 27 | Pure Confessions

"If he/she's still on your mind, he/she's still in your heart" -ig post💓

I am republishing this chapter cuz many of you didn't know that there was a new chapter as y'all thought I only updated the Author's Note😁

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER GUYS💓😉

***
Panic filled me as I ran towards him, cupping my hands around his face worriedly, only to hear shouts from behind. "Jared and I have called the ambulance. They are arriving in approximately 2 minutes."

I spun my head around anxiously to see Jared and Adam's sister standing behind us. "I am Abigail, Adam's sister." The girl said, as if sending my doubts before giving me a warm smile. I nodded my head as I let a small grin tug at the sides of my lips.

Light brown hair, she had curls falling gently on the two sides of her shoulders. She had sea blue eyes, just like her older brother. Few inches shorter than my brother, she looked 2 years younger than Jared. My mind took a few moments to process Jared's age once again, a number 13 striking across my brain.

My eyes then flickered to the two dead bodies lying around us. Reading my thoughts, Jared replied, "Abigail will go to the hospital with Adam." He paused for a while, before continuing, "Emma and I will get rid of the bodies."

A sense of sadness rolled over me as his words sank down. I wanted to be there with Adam, but I knew getting rid of the bodies was equally important. I could... No, would visit Adam directly after I was done disposing the bodies.

I took a last glance at Adam as I used my fingers to brush away the hair in his eyes, staring into his eyes. "No matter what happens, I'll always be with you. Just hold on. For me." I leaned close to his ear as I whispered, feeling hot tears welling up in my eyes.

I saw him nod slightly, giving me a weak smile. Blood was draining from his face slowly as the time passed, making me grow more anxious as seconds ticked by. I allowed a tear to roll down my cheek as I cupped Adam's chin gently with my fingers as I silently urged for the ambulance to arrive soon.

Wails from the ambulance could be heard from a distance, making me heave a sigh of relief. "Em, we need to get rid of the bodies. Now." Jared urged me, an anxious expression on his face. I nodded to him before taking a final glance at Adam. "Promise me you'll stay strong." I whispered softly, before standing up and walking towards the bodies, lifting them up before placing them behind the tree, keeping them out of sight temporarily.

The ambulance could be seen seconds after. Paramedics hopped off the ambulance, carrying him onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. Biting my lip, I prayed that Adam would be alright. I prayed... I prayed that I would be able to see him again.

I didn't even realize I was closing my tear-filled eyes until Jared called my name, snapping me out of my trance. "Don't worry, he'll be alright..." Jared said softly, coming over to stand beside me as he wrapped his arms around me. I nodded as I hugged him back, forcing myself to belief what he said.

"We should get rid of the bodies, then we can visit Adam." Jared said, giving me an assuring nod. I nodded once again as we began to start a fire, hearing the familiar cackling of flames and familiar burning heat before us. Holding the bodies over the fire, we dropped them in, allowing the bodies to burn slowly into nothing but ash.

Jared and I sat on a dead tree bark lying horizontally behind the fire, watching the bodies burn as we felt heat from the fire climbing and twirling around our legs. "How has life been?" Jared asked, breaking the silence which had settled between us. I paused for a while, deep in thought as I answered, "Complicated... You?"