Tryouts and Patronus Charms

It was time for their third year at Hogwarts and Rose had more subjects then her friends. Last year she had a ran in with her younger half brother Regulus. It did not go well and he dislikes her like Petunia does. Rose was sad at first, but Sirius cheered her up by taking her to Hogsmeade through a secret passage.

Rose had found the spell to produce a patronus charm. At night she'd sneak into the boys dorm and they'd practice the spell. James was the first to get it right and produced a stag patronus.

Then Remus and Sirius succeeded in making their own patronuses. Remus's was a wolf and Sirius was a large dog. The group had watched as the two patronuses wrestled each other. before they disappeared into thin air again.

When Rose finally produced her corporeal patronus it was a Pegasus.  She watched as it flew around the room in awe. The others clapped and Peter gave it another shot to produce his own.

A minute later Sirius shrieked when a rat appeared out of Peters wand. Both James and Rose laughed at his expression. Remus shook his head as Peter's rat patronus disappeared.

They had also been working on map of the school. It was Remus's and Sirius's idea to make it. It was not yet complete as they had only done the Gryffindor tower, clock tower, 2 courtyards and grand staircase area. They decided to call it the Marauders Map and made it the title.

James and Sirius came up with their nicknames for the group, passed on their patronuses. Wormtail for Peter. Padfoot for Sirius. Pegasus for Rose. But Remus and Rose came up with Prongs for James. Remus then put their nicknames onto the map.

Rose's POV

I woke up early the first weekend of my third year at Hogwarts. James, Sirius and I were going to try out for the Gryffindor quidditch time. James was trying for chaser and Sirius wanted to be a beater. Whilst I was going for the seeker position on the team.

When I got downstairs James, Peter, Remus and Sirius were waiting for me. We all went down to breakfast and then went to the quidditch pitch. I had brought my own broom during the summer holidays.

I had got a Moon Trimmer at was the broom that could go the highest. But it was hard to get as it was in high demand. However, I was able to get the last one Gladys Boothby ever made before retiring. It had a few extra tricks the other Moon Trimmer didn't.

We got to the pitch and went into the Gryffindor change room

We got to the pitch and went into the Gryffindor change room. I went into a separate room with other girls to get dressed away from the boys. When we came out the Captain and Keeper David Hamblin lead us to the pitch.

He told us that tryouts for chaser would be first. So Sirius and I went to the stands to watch James with Remus & Peter. James did really will as part of a team and on his solo performance.

It was then Sirius's turn to tryout for Beater. David was really impressed with Sirius's accuracy and skill. It was time for seeker tryouts and I took to the sky with two other people.

One was a tall thin fourth year boy with red hair. The other person was a girl in her sixth year. She looked really sporty and strong. I was definitely the smallest out of the group. David said he'd released the snitch and that he along with others would fly around the pitch.

This was to make it like a quidditch match. He said the first one to catch the snitch would join the team. I watched as he released the snitch while the other two flew around the pitch.

I got an idea to fake seeing the snitch and dived to the ground. The other followed me until they released I was faking it. The next time I did it I headed towards the goal posts. They followed me again and clearly looked annoyed at my tricks.

When I finally saw the snitch about ten feet from the ground I dived for it. The other two didn't follow me thinking I was faking it again. Until Peter shouted from the stands that I had spotted the snitch.

They both dived after me, but the girl pulled up first scared of hitting the ground. However, the boy continued even though I saw the fear in his eyes. For good reason as the snitch was now seven feet from the ground and not ten.

He pulled up as I stretched out my hand  and closed my fingers around the snitch. I pulled out of the dive six feet from the ground. The crowd cheered as I held the snitch in the air. James and Sirius pulled me into a hug. While we were still on our brooms and we lowered to the ground slowly.

David told us that he would post the last of team members on the notice board tonight. But said I was definitely on the team as seeker as I caught the snitch. I also nearly pulled off a hard move called the Wronski Feint. David said we'd practice it for our first game against Slytherin in two months time.

A/N

Picture of Rose's patronus above and broom in chapter.