The Forgotten Zodiac: Legend Has It...

At the beginning of time, God sent word to all the animals in his kingdom - the intelligent Rat, the honest Ox, the valiant Tiger, the compassionate Rabbit, the excitable Dragon, the perceptive Snake, the cheerful Horse, the kind-hearted Sheep, the quick-witted Monkey, the ambitious Rooster, the straightforward Dog, the gallant Boar, the headstrong Cat, and the beautiful Fox.

Each animal had their own place in God's eye. No animal was favored over any other. To show his love for each animal, he summoned them all to his home. He planned to host a banquet in honor of the inhabitants of his kingdom!

The rat, being a mischievous creature, decided to trick the cat - telling him that the banquet was the day after tomorrow. The cat, having no reason to doubt the rat, believed him wholeheartedly. He fell into a peaceful sleep that night and missed God's banquet.

The snake, a natural enemy of the fox, convinced the fox to follow him from the home of God, and his banquet. He lead her to the outskirts of the kingdom and locked her outside of the kingdom. With two of God's animals missing, he declared that the twelve creatures that had attended his banquet would be forever remembered as his Zodiac animals.

The cat, being tricked by the rat, became angry - the life he lived within God's kingdom being lost in history as the years went by. The fox, being imprisoned by the snake, was forgotten. She was left on the outskirts of God's kingdom to live a life of solitude... until recently.

The cat has always been part of the Zodiac curse placed on the Sohma's, being reborn into another soul with each life cycle. The fox had never been seen since before God's first banquet, becoming lost to time by everyone but the snake, who denied her existence.

The snake succeeded in hiding the fox's existence until the birth of Lyra, the current vessel for the fox's Zodiac curse. Her beauty earned her the affection of the regular boys, a hug resulting in her transformation into the forgotten Zodiac - the fox.