Did You Miss Me, Little Firebreather?

Mercy huffed, scoffing at the situation ahead of her. She wasn't sure how much she could handle traveling with a pack of men.

Her feminine levels were already slim, being the only girl, but know that she had seen the brothers, Mercy was sure she'd be dealing with superiority complexes and cockiness.

He grinned. "Aren't you going to ask what my powers are? I figured it might interest you." Terrance gave her a tight-lipped smile.

He was trying to make friendly conversation, but Mercy was not in the mood.

Being out in the open wasn't the safest place to be. Satellites could pick up anything and their group, not to mention the wrecked SUV, would raise suspicion.

It probably already caught someone's eye.

Mercy shrugged. "I'm curious, but right now is not a great time. We've got to keep moving before anyone finds us. Besides, if we wait until we find my companion then it'll save you from making two speeches."

Terrance's arm brushed hers as he stepped in sync with her movements. For every two steps she took, he took one.

"How can you be so sure that you'll find him? It's not like he has any reason to wait around for you. That would have been the perfect opportunity for him to sneak away for good." He smirked.

"Don't get me wrong, you're a pretty girl, but freedom has a stronger ring to it than lust."

Mercy crossed her arms. He was right. Rogue had no honest reason to help her. He should jump at the chance that she'd be holed up somewhere and he could escape, but she didn't want to believe he would do that.

She knew that she could trust him, at least in part. They had dealt with a lot in past few days and Mercy wasn't about to give up on him now. Rogue wouldn't abandon her.

"He's trouble." Terrance grimaced. "From the profiling we've got on him, he isn't the most honest person. He has a few secrets up his sleeve."

Mercy turned and crossed her arms over her chest. This boy was questioning her judgments and she was beginning to get infuriated.

She had trusted Rogue and he had yet to fail her. When someone spoke unkindly of him without knowing how he had helped her, Mercy grew angry.

"Sometimes, we are taken to the light at the end of tunnel. On some occasions that light we see, the little sapling of hope we find, is a person. Rogue pulled me out of the darkness. He was my new hope for escaping."

Mercy shivered. "He helped me on numerous occasions and if we're going to stand here arguing about why he has a reason to do anything, then the same thing applies to the moment he helped me escape." She paused, fuming, trying to get this new superhuman to listen to her rant of reasoning.

"He didn't have to break out with me. He could have made it on his own. And yet here I am in the middle of nowhere."

She glanced up at the sky and lifted up her hands, letting her fingertips glide through the air for the first time.

Mercy basked in the way the outside environment made her feel.

It was still a little difficult to get used to the oxygen-rich air and uneven terrain, but it was a step up from imprisonment.

It was fascinating how the sunset in the distance looked utterly beautiful against the bleak colors of the abundant sky.

"There's no place I'd rather be. Look around, this open field, the feeling of being so small in comparison to how great it is; this is the closest I've gotten to freedom." Mercy sighed heavily and moved her arms back down beside her hips.