six

I sat and talked to her for about another hour or so. She gave me some really good advice on to cope with Brooklyn's cancer. She even referred me to some support groups and doctors that her and her family used while dealing with cancer.

"Thank you so much for this. I really needed someone to understand what I'm going through. My friends try but its not the same as a person who knows what its like to love someone who has cancer." I said

"No problem Maya. Heres my number. Call anytime and I promise we can talk."

"I will. Thank you so much." I said standing up and hugging her. We parted ways and I got in the car. Lucas was so mad he decided he would just walk to wherever he was going instead of drive.

I placed my head and hands on the steering wheel and just sat like that for a minute. I reflected on everything that had happened in my life. I think about how many things I have overcome. I began to pray. It was quiet and personal but I felt as if someone somewhere was listening.

I pulled myself together and started to drive. I knew exactly where Lucas was. Its a place that he always goes to when hes upset. I remember a specific night he travelled here during my pregnancy when times got tough.

I parked my car in the school parking lot and walked back to the baseball fields. I saw Lucas sitting in the middle of the field with his head in his hands. As I got closer I could hear him crying. I crouched down next to him and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled me even closer to him as he cried into my shoulder. We sat there for about 5 minutes in silence as he cried. I knew he would talk to me when he was ready.

"How could someone say that about a poor innocent baby? I just dont understand! They think just because we made a mistake that Brooklyn deserves this!"

"Lucas. I dont understand it either. There are just some people in this world who are mean and cruel. I believe that Brooklyn will be okay. I know she will. I can feel it. But she needs us, she needs to know that her parents love her and will always be there to protect her. Especially you. She needs her dad to be her knight in shining armor. Shes doing all she can to keep fighting and beat this disease but I want her to know we are doing everything we can to help her. We cant worry about what other people think or say. We have to stay focused on helping her. They can talk all the crap they want. I dont care. I have you and our daughter and for all three of us to be together forever, is all I need."

He looked up at me with his big puffy red eyes.

"Where did you learn to be this strong?" He asked me and I softly giggled.

"Ive had to do it my whole life. I never had parents who did what was best for me. I refuse to turn out just like everyone said I would be. I dont want to be like my mom. I want to prove people wrong. Me, you and Brooklyn. We are going to prove everyone ,who has ever had anything negative to say about us, wrong."

"I love you Maya Penelope Hart. "

"I love you more Lucas Friar."

"I met this girl Amy whose brother also had cancer when he was younger and she gave me some really good advice and information on better doctors and some support groups you and I could go to and-"

"Maya?"

"Yeah?"

"Were gonna be okay."

"I know."

"Yanno, Riley did say that she would keep Brooklyn overnight." I said biting my lip.

"Oh yeah huh." He smirked

"Yeah she did." I smirked back

"You know what that means." He flirted

"WE GET TO GET A FULL NIGHTS SLEEP!" they both screamed at the same time
(a/n: lol you thought)

We both ran to the car and drove home giggling and smiling as if nothing bad ever happened.

It was like for 12 short hours we weren't teen parents, out daughter didn't have cancer and our lives were normal again. Sure it was fun for awhile but realization would quickly set in the next morning.

And lets just say, sleeping isnt the only thing we did that night 😏

A/N: ahaha this sucked so bad and im sorry