Chapter 6.

"But why?" Julie asks

It's early in school, and currently I'm doing my part in Daniel's plan to ask Julie to be his girlfriend.I am also currently crying on the inside, but smiling on the outside. Remind me again why I agreed to this? 

"I don't know. Daniel just wants you to meet up with him at the soccer field" I say 

"Okay....can you go with me?" She asks. I nod slowly, and mentally groan. It's like she wants me to endure more heart ache.

"Sure" I say. We start walking to the soccer field and I can see the soccer team all lined up with their bags.

We finally get there and I clap my hands as the signal to start. They all hold up their bags and I tell Julie to check what's inside. The first bag has the letters Will the next has You then Be. She gets to the last bag, and finds that it's empty. They all spread apart and there is Daniel kneeling with a small red box. Julie opens it, and gasps at the bracelet that has the word Mine engraved on it. Daniel looks up at her with hopeful eyes. When she nods yes, Daniel lights up with happiness. He picks her up and kisses her right then and there...

He puts her down and Julie's friends go to her squealing and congratulating her. The soccer team all congratulate Daniel. I slowly go up to him and give him a hug.

"Congrats Daniel!!! You finally settled down. Who knew it was possible" I say 

"I've never been happier" He grins widely. So apparently he wasn't this happy when we hung out...

"I gotta go now. Bye" I smile lightly.

Tell me...how am I supposed to feel. I lost my best friend, the love of my life, to someone who was much better than me. As soon as that kiss happened, I knew that I should just give up and move on. I feel something that is greater than sadness. I could try to explain to you how I'm feeling, but nobody in this world can ever capture the feeling of heartache. You can't explain the sadness of losing someone you love. All you know is that you're hurting and you're sad. 

During lunch Daniel waves at me, but I pretend not to notice and head to my friends.

"Hey V!! " Bella grins

"Hey Bell!!!" I smile the best fake smile I could muster. Hiding my emotions is tiring.

"VERDIEEEE GARETTE IS BEING MEAN TO ME" Cody yells

"You two are SO immature." I say with a slight laugh. Andrew grins beside me

"That's why you're friends with us"

"Oh no! I guess I made the wrong choice" I say. They all start protesting, and I laugh at them. I felt someone staring, so I look up and see Daniel staring in our direction. I quickly look away and talk to Bella

After a while everyone had their own conversation. I was left alone, but that was okay. I needed to write down a lot of things.

"Oh god..." I mumble under my breathe. Bella looks up at me in confusion.

"My journal..." I mumble. Bella and Drew's eyes widen. They're the only one who knows about my journal. I trust them both a lot. 

"When was the last time you saw it?!" Bella says. I panic trying to think

"I left it at my desk last period." My eyes widen in realization

"And Daniel's friend Logan was sitting next to me, so that would mean..."

I turned to look at Logan and saw him reading something.

My journal.

///////////////////////////////////