Chapter 10.

We were walking around the park talking and having so much fun. It's like it was just us again. No one in between us. I love it so much...too much. The more I stay with him the more my feelings grow. I was just starting to push them away, but then it comes back and slaps me on the face.

"Hey V, let's take the bus" Daniel says snapping me from my thoughts

"Sure!" I say. He grabs my hand and I blush slightly as we start walking to the
bus stop. Can you blame me for blushing so much? I'm imagining that we're on a date. 

Once the bus gets here we step in and there are so many people. It was like the bus was gonna burst. We stood up facing each other and I tried not to look at Daniel. The bus started moving and I stumbled forward and ended up on Daniel's chest. I was about to get back but he held me close. We stayed in that position, him holding me by my waist and my head on his chest. I couldn't stop the blush on my face, so I looked down. I wish I could just stay like this forever...It has been a long time since we've been this close. I've missed being in his arms. It used to be so easy to be secretly in love with him because no matter how many girls he has, in the end I was his number one. At the end of the day, I was always the girl that he'd be cuddling with. I was always the girl that saw him truly happy. I was the most special girl to him, even if it was just as a friend. But recently, I'm no longer his special girl. I'm no longer the person he ends the day with. No. It's no longer me. Julie has taken my position. But instead of his friend, instead of cuddles, she was his girlfriend and she was kissing him.

We got down of the bus, unfortunately breaking our position. We were originally gonna go to the arcade then watch a movie after but first we decided to eat lunch. We went to a burger place and ordered our food.

"So something really weird has been happening." Daniel says

"What is it?" I ask

"Someone has sent me a bunch of love letters that actually sound like their really in love with me. It's really sweet and all. I asked Julie if it was her, but she said no. " He says

I gulped.

Flashback

"What are you doing Baby V?" Drew asks me as I seal up the box full of letters

"I'm...I'm planning to confess to Daniel" I say. His jaw drops to the floor

"What?!?!"

"I know it's crazy but I have to. I need to get it out of my chest. I think it'll help me move on. I'm sending him a bunch of letters from the first moment that I realised I loved him. I also included a note that says where to meet me if he wants to. When that day comes I'm giving him my journal..." I say . 

"How would you know that he wants to meet you?" he asks

"I'm still his "best friend". I'm pretty sure he'll tell me about it.

"Well, whatever happens, I'll be here for you every step of the way sis" he kisses my forehead

"Thanks Drew"

End of Flashback

Oh gosh. Oh gosh. Oh gosh.

"That's strange..." I say trying not to sound nervous.

"Yeah, it doesn't even have a stamp on it so this person just dropped it off my house" He says

"What if it's a secret admirer trying to confess" I say in a joking way, trying to mask my emotions

"Heh well I'd be touched but I got a girlfriend at the moment" He says, and I smile lightly. We almost had a whole day without the thought of Julie.

"What if they love you"

"Well it's not the first time a girl fell in love with me" He grins a boyish grin. I roll my eyes at his cockiness

"What if  it was me." I smirk but inside my heart is pounding

"That's impossible. You and I are best friends only" He says

"Well what if I fell in love with you" I'm speaking from the bottom of my heart here.

"...I'd hug you and tell you that we'll still be friends" He says and my heart breaks. He really doesn't have any feelings for me. He doesn't like me how I like him. It's over. Why do I even try anymore. But I put up a smile to cover up the sadness.

"Jeez I hope not. Don't you dare pull the 'we'll still be friends' bullshit on me or any girl" I say to which he responds with a shrug.

"When are you gonna meet them?" I ask

"Well  there's a note that says if I wanna meet them, they'll meet me at the park at midnight when I'm ready" He says

"How will they know you're ready?"

"I don't know but I'm planning to meet them tonight" He says

"Really?" I say. I was growing more and more nervous .

"I need to know who it is" he says

"Well goodluck"

I'll need it more than you though.

/////////////////////////////////////