I

6 years old Cess:

Third person's POV:

" Mama, what's that thing on your arm?" Cess asked one sunny afternoon.

Her mother smiled at her and said " Cess, do you remember the story I told you last time? About soulmates?"

"No mama, I don't remember." Cess frowned

"Ok then, I'm going to repeat it again.This time you better listen sweetie" her mom jokingly said while sitting down on their front porch.

"I promise, mama" Cess giggled and got comfortable in her mom's arms.

" Ok, how do I start? Well when I was 18, your grandmatold me this story, She said that on everybody's 18th birthday, they will wake up with a tattoo of what thier soulmate will first say to them." Mrs. Velasque said

Cess looked at her mom confusedly, "What's a soulmate mama?"

"It's someone you're destined to be with." Her mom replied shortly.

It doesn't look like Ceas understood anything but she nodded and grinned at her mom. A car honk made Cess look up to see her dad got out of the car and smiled at Cess and her mom.

"How are my girls?" Her dad asked and kissed the top of their heads.

" we're fine daddy! I missed you though." Answered Cess with a pout

" I missed you too baby" Mr. Velasque said smiling at Cess.

"I'm going to make some dinner." Mrs. Velasque said then left the two.

"Daddy? Who's your soulmate?" Cess asked innocently, "kiddo, your mama is my soulmate."

Her dad replied and ruffled her hair. Cess smiled brightly and said, "I'm going to meet my soulmate tomorrow!"

"Sure you will, sweetheart." Her dad chuckled then left. After that day, Cess never stopped thinking about soulmates, and how she would meet hers. 

Cess slept that night with a smile on her face, thinking that she would meet her soulmate tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------
Picture of 6 year old Cess

CTTO