VII

A couple more years later....

“Zac, can you grab the kids? Dinner’s ready when you are,” Cess called from the kitchen.

Zac was eager to hop up off the couch and make his way down to the basement where the kids were playing in their newly finished playroom. “Phoebe, Astrid, c’mon Mama finished dinner. You guys hungry?”

After a short outburst of happiness and hunger, Zac found himself hiking up the stairs with two hyper little girls hooked onto his legs tightly. “Cess,” he yelled, halfway up the stairs, a bit out of breath from the work out he was getting while carrying his monstrously excited kids on his legs, “I think- I think we’ve got a couple of very hungry little people here!”

Cess peaked around the corner from the kitchen in time to see her wonderful husband emerge from the basement, pulling along two smiley giggly children wrapped around his legs. “It appears so, doesn’t it? Not sure if I feel like sharing any of this spaghetti with them though, you know… Worked kind of hard on it,” she said thoughtfully, smiling through her crinkly eyes at Zac.

Phoebe and Astrid automatically jumped off of Zac and ran to Cess, frightened at the thought of not getting any of their favorite dinner.

Phoebe threw on a distressed face and mumbled something about Cess being the best cook ever and her favorite Mama in the world while Astrid pouted and pulled her set up at the table anyways, knowing Cess was fooling with them.

Cess scooped Phoebe up in her arms and carried her over to the table, showing her there was already a plate set up for her. “It’s all good, Sweetheart, I was only joking,” she swore.

Zac walked over to the stove after the kids began eating to make him a plate, fixing one for Cess as well before bringing them both to the table.
Cess pressed a kiss to Zac's cheek when the tall boy leaned down to set the plate down, causing Phoebe to make a gagging noise and tell them to knock it off.

Zac took his place at the table and took part in a face-making competition with Astrid until Cess told him to finish his dinner before playing around.

Zac grumbled something snide, getting him a gentle kick under the table.
~
Eight o’clock rolled around and Cess had to herd Zac out of his play mode to get Astrid and Phoebe into bed happily.
After tucking them in and giving their goodnight kisses, and of course telling Phoebe her favorite bedtime story, Cess and Zac retreated to the kitchen to drink tea until they grew sleepy.

"I can't believe we managed to raise two beautiful little girls Zac." Cess asked while leaning her head on Zac's shoulder.

"You're gonna have a hard time keeping them away from boys" Cess snickered at his husband's horrified face.

"Babe, remind me to get a dog and a rifle tomorrow 'kay?" Zac said before kissing his laughing wife's head.

Cess rolled her eyes because she was thankfully stuck with this loving man and father to her kids for the rest of her life.

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: hey guys! As you might know, I got a second book in this series and it would be the soulmate story of Cess and Zac's second daughter, Astrid. That's why I felt the need to make this chapter to clear things out and to introduce Astrid as their daughter since she was still in her mom's womb last chapter lol. Hope you like it! Thanks for reading!!!