Author's Note/Prologue

Hello! This is my first ever complete fanfiction and first story that's over 3,000 words. I came up with the idea a little over a year ago, and since then have completely developed and written it into a story. After months of ideas, writing, writer's block, being busy, and editing, it's finally done. I really hope you enjoy, and let me know what you think of it! Disclaimer: I do not own The Hunger Games series or the Warriors series, just this story :). Also, have a prologue.

The Dusk Choosing. The event that shadows the Clans in the forest. ShadowClan, RiverClan, ThunderClan, SkyClan, and WindClan. They all fear it. The Dusk Choosing is the event in which the Dark Ancestors randomly pick two leaves, berries, roots, or herbs from a pool of water to choose cats from each Clan for the dreaded Warrior Games. The cats of a Clan each take a leaf, berry, root, or herb of their choice. The Dark Ancestors (The victors of another battle with StarClan) then take all of the plants and put them in a pool. The plants they randomly fish out will determine the possible tributes for the season Games. Now narrowed down to only about seven or eight cats per Clan, the cats choose all different plants from each other now, and three plants are chosen from each Clan. The cats who had selected the plants, have now become official tributes, to fight to the death in an arena that the Dark Ancestors create, until only one of the fifteen cats live. The cats may be deputies, warriors, or apprentices. Queens, elders, kits, and leaders are spared. Clanmates get to 'enjoy' the show when they sleep, the Dark Ancestors giving them view in their dreams. These rules have been the same for the last sixty-six seasons, and will remain that way until the end of time.