Interview #1: DreamingFantasies

Hello, everyone! Welcome, to our first interview. Today I will be interviewing the 2nd place winner of the Fantasy Wonders Competition.... Dreaming_Fantasies, with her book The Chronicles of Yugure: Oiashu's Scorn! 

Anyone feel free to check out her stories and her art! 

This interview was made by: CamoyPampoy.

1. When did you first start writing and drawing?

Oh, wow, where do I begin. Well, I started drawing in Kindergarten, but really took it up as a hobby in the third grade. Ever since then I've been drawing and have never stopped. So it's been a really, really long time. As for writing, I started about a year and a half ago and have been writing as much as I possibly can since that first moment behind the keyboard. 

 2. What is your favorite genre for writing and reading?

 Obviously high fantasy! My second choice would be sci-fi. I enjoy reading about different worlds from my own and interacting with unique characters. Although I love the human race, there's something so intriguing about different intellectual beings that makes me bring out my inner geek.

 3. What book have you enjoyed writing the most in or off wattpad, and what was it about?

 Gosh, I don't know. It would be a toss up with Plummeting Into Uncharted Depths and Oashisu's Scorn. I have sentimental reasons to say PIUD since it was my first novel, but Oashisu's Scorn seems to be more fun to write, in my opinion. Those are my only two options as of right now, since they are my only books ever written, but I'm hoping to change that soon with many more stories to come! 

 4. Are there any people on wattpad you would like to thank for feeback and support? 

 Yes, I have a bunch of friends here on and off Wattpad that have encouraged me to write my series. Once they found out I had started this project, they immediately logged into their accounts on here and followed me. Without them, there would be no Yugure series to write about. I also have met some wonderful Wattpadders who didn't know me off of this site that I can be glad to say that I have made friends with. They, too, have given me support when I needed it most.

 5. Who inspired you to write? 

 I would definitely say Jessica Day George is my utmost inspiration to dive into the fantasy genre of literature. Her Dragon Slippers trilogy sparked my imagination like dynamite. I loved that series for so many years, and I even binge read them just to be brought back into the world that Jessica made.

6. Did anything inspirire you to write the Chonricles of Yugure?

Well, I have a little community off of Wattpad (mentioned in question above) that started along this journey with me. Long before I even thought of taking my ideas and making a novel series about them, my characters and their world was merely a roleplay group. Just something to do in the spare time and work out my creative muscles. Their loving support and wonderful ideas paved the way to making me write about the once-little-plot that I wrote for the heck of it. I still enjoy roleplaying as Enoki in that caring family I have come to call the real Creatures of Yugure. I don't know where I'd be without my Yugure family. <3 7.

7. What is your proccess to create characters?

I like to think of their personalities and their environment first. Where they live and how they live their lives helps me design their appearance. Depending on those key variables, I sketch out an image in my mind or on paper. I get a feel for what they would say in certain predicaments and how they'd act. Once I get that all down, I try to imagine a voice for the character. Voices are very important to me because it makes them feel all the more real. I then find an actor/actress that best fits the vocals I have in my mind. Once that all is done, I usually just wing it from there. I let the character evolve from that point on- allowing my mind to pick their path throughout the story. If you plan your characters out too much, they might feel stiff or out of place in their environment. Always leave a little breathing room for them to grow in.

8. As second place winner of the Fantasy Wonders Competition, what advice can you give to the participants for further competitions?

Let your imagination flow. Don't settle for the popular route. If you take yourself down the unbeaten path, you may find yourself discovering something no one else has! Just because your idea isn't very popular, doesn't mean it won't become a desired masterpiece. Go with your gut and dare to be different in your writing. Always know there is room to improve, and even though this story your presently writing may not pan out the way you planned, just remember you did it and weren't afraid to try it. In life , there's always a sequel ahead of you. So don't be afraid when the present story ends; there's always a new story to uncover, a new tale to be told, a new whimsical adventure to write.