Ch.26 - Think Before You Speak

7 months pregnant

2:54 am

*ring* *ring*

"Hello"? I yawn, while rubbing my eyes and wondering why Ethan is calling me at a off time.

"Blair, did you see Instagram"? Ethan anxiously said.

"What, no, it's almost three in the morning. What are you talking about". I asked.

"Go on Instagram and look up the username "IhtBM".". Ethan insisted.

I then proceed to press my home screen and open Instagram. I press on the search icon and type in "IhtBM".

While it's loading I try to think what the username stands for. But, before I can think of something the account pops up.

I click on the page, and in the bio it saids "I Hate Blair Montgomery".

"What the". I whisper.

"Yep". Ethan saids through the line.

I feel heavy tear just waiting to run down my face. With that, I hang up on Ethan.

The account has only 3 pictures. This must be new.

I decide not to click on any of the pictures. I won't let this get to me.

The tear starts running down my cheek, but I wipe it away fast.

I think about who would do such a thing to me. Who could hate me so much to post pictures that are meant in a malicious way.

Shawn.

I crushed his heart, this is his revenge. However, Shawn is really sweet, I would never expect him to do this.

How do I even bring this up to him. The last time I talked to Shawn was him making me choose between him and Ethan.

I guess I'll figure that out tomorrow.

The next morning

I wake up to the feeling of my son kicking my stomach. I smile. Eventually when I realize the uncomfortable talk that faces me today, my smile disappeared.

I throw on sweats and a school shirt and put on mascara.

I then grab my backpack and walk down the stairs slowly. Once I enter the kitchen I see a donut sitting on the counter with a note.

I had a work meeting early this morning. Ethan wanted to drop off a donut before you woke up.

-mom

That was nice of Eth.

I eat my donut while thinking about what I should say to Shawn.

He'll probably ignore me. I mean, I would do that to me too.

Once I'm done eating I yell for my dad to drive me to school.

Tomorrow I'm taking my permit test, so hopefully I can drive myself soon.

Once I get to school I have my eyes set out for Shawn. I don't know if I should slap him when I see him or remain calm.

I walk pass the math classrooms and then I end up right by his locker. And of course, he is standing there.

Here I go. I take a deep breath and walk forward.

"Shawn". I try to say without shaking.

"Blair"? Shawn saids surprised.

"We need to talk about that Instagram account you made". I address.

"Instagram account"? Shawn asked.

"The hate page you made about me". I began to yell.

"Wow Blair. I can't believe you would think I would do such a thing. I was, and still am heartbroken, but I would never sink that low". Shawn argued.

I just stood there regretting that I thought it was him.

Shawn slammed his locker shut and walked away.