Chapter One

Keith didn't mind working in the flower shop. Sure, he was reluctant at first, but after the first week he decided it wasn't all that bad. He found it almost relaxing even, being surrounded by plants in a tiny little store. Customers were few and far in between and were generally pleasant people. That was definitely an upside considering Keith had lost his previous job due to some irritating customers.

He'd managed to hold the job for a solid four months before he got fired for snapping at a few too many people. Barely twenty-four hours later, his brother's girlfriend, Allura, was offering him a job in her flower shop. Allura was a very sweet girl, and Keith knew that she probably would have offered him the position even if his brother Shiro hadn't asked her to. Keith knew he would never admit it, but Shiro really wanted to get him out of his house already. It didn't bother him in the slightest, he'd been living with Shiro since he graduated high school and he was starting to get sick of how lovey-dovey him and Allura were getting. Of course, the small pay from a flower shop wasn't going to get him even an apartment soon, but he was willing to be patient.

It was getting late in the afternoon and Keith was at his usual spot, on a chair behind the counter. The afternoon sunlight shone in through the windows of the shop, making the inside seem even cozier than normal. Allura was in the back room at the time, he could hear her humming, and since it was later in the day Keith highly doubted anyone would be coming in. He was looking forward to the last hour of work being peaceful. Of course, right after he thought about the peace and quiet, he heard the bell on the door ring. He held back a groan as prepared to say his usual, "Welcome, can I help you with anything?", but stopped when he laid eyes on the person who walked in.

The boy who entered the store was tall, not much taller than Keith, but tall. He had deep tanned skin, dark brown hair and stunning dark blue eyes. He glanced around the shop for a few moments before his eyes landed on Keith, who was still staring at him. As soon as they made eye contact, Keith seemed to find his voice.

"Uh, welcome, can I help you find anything?" He asked. The boy shook his head.

"Nah, I'm just looking. Thanks though." He said, starting to walk around the store. Keith was relieved he wouldn't have to get up. He tried to discreetly watch him from behind a book he had with him, but it was pretty obvious. He thought it was weird someone would go to a flower shop to just look. Eventually, when he was closer to the counter, Keith said,

"Why would you come to a flower shop just to look around?" The boy looked at him and gave him a smile that Keith could've sworn made the room brighter.

"Well, ya see, I know this girl. She's super hot and I wanted to ask her out. I'm not sure how to do it though, and I thought flowers might help." He explained, "So I wanted to check an actual flower store before I made my decision." He said, coming over and leaning against the counter. Keith nodded slowly.

"Well, girls usually appreciate flowers, so it might be a good idea." He told him. He decided it would be a good idea to listen to the voice in the back of his head, the one telling him he needed to stop thinking about how attractive this guy was immediately because not only was he most likely straight but he was also already interested in someone.

"I'm gonna think it over, but if I decide to do it I'll stop by." He said. He stood up straight again and headed for the door. "Maybe I'll see ya later, flower boy." He said before walking out the door, Keith still staring at where he'd been.

"Was that someone you know, Keith?" He heard Allura ask. He looked over to see her leaning against the door way to the back room. "You sure were staring quite a bit." She said. He wondered how long she'd been watching, he was so focused on that guy he didn't remember seeing her enter the room.

"No, no I don't know him." He said, shaking his head.

"Well, you sure seemed interested in him." She said, causing his face to turn a light shade of pink. "Either way, it's almost time to close up shop so, would you help me clean up?" She asked. He simply nodded, glad they were off the subject of the boy with the pretty blue eyes.

A/N: Ok I have literally never written a fanfiction before so this might be OOC I'm sorry ;^;