Wattpad Original
There are 27 more free parts

Original Edition - Chapter 47: Push

"Ready for our daily dose of torture?" Evangeline asked as we walked to the pack house.

She was wearing a navy and white striped cotton dress that she had stolen from my closet. I didn't care though, I had grown close to the little red head who was conveniently the same size as me.

Her skin was a little more tan and her legs looked stronger. I could even hear her blood hum today. It sounded like the faint sound of bees in the breeze. She was getting stronger. Much stronger.

We had gone on a long run this morning and were headed to the pack house to help Miranda get things ready for the council meeting. Apparently, there was still a lot to do, and we were running out of time to do it.

"It won't be that bad, besides, we have each other. Which means we can just steal a bunch of snacks and bitch the whole time," I said while nudging her shoulder playfully.

She threw an arm around my shoulder as she laughed. "Have I ever told you that you're my favorite?"

I shrugged. "Not today, but please, tell me how wonderful I am?" I said dramatically while flailing my arm over my forehead.

"Oh my God Char," she laughed as we continued to walk.

The pack house was busy. Omegas and gammas were buzzing around; cleaning, cooking, mowing, and rearranging for the upcoming events.

Miranda was in the middle of the living room chatting with an older lady when she saw us walk in. She waved with a small smile which just made Evangeline groan.

"Morning," I called out to her.

"Morning girls, thank God you're here."

"What do we need to do?" Evangeline asked as politely as she could.

"Well, we need right now to figure out what's in the attic. I need to know how many tables, chairs, tablecloths, and things like that are up there as well as if the party tent is still there. If not I need to order one soon."

Evangeline groaned over our link. The attic was dusty and hot, especially in the summer. The only upside was that it would just be Evangeline and I, meaning we could bullshit around as much as we wanted.

"Morning girls," Thomas called out as he walked down the stairs with a coffee cup in his hand.

"Morning Thomas," Evangeline answered with a smile.

Thomas walked to Miranda and gave her a quick kiss before he turned back to us. "So, what are you girls up to?"

"They are going to go check out the attic to see what's up there for the party on the last day," Miranda quickly answered for us. "What about you dear? How's work?"

Thomas groaned and looked into his empty coffee cup. "We have so much to do, Ethan and I are drowning in all the damn paperwork." He looked at Evangeline and I for a moment then back to Miranda with softer puppy dog eyes. "You know, it would be a huge help to me if I could steel the girls today."

"What? But Thomas we need to figure out what we have in the attic so I know how much to order," she retorted back firmly.

Thomas slid a hand around her waist and smiled. "Baby, just call some of the staff around here. They are going to know more about what's up there than these two will. Besides, last year Evangeline helped me with all the documents for the meeting itself and this year since we are hosting I am in charge of setting the agenda and getting all the documents that go with it together. Remember, they had all those binders to pass out to everyone? We are in charge of doing that. Anyways Evangeline was a huge help, and I would definitely not mind borrowing her again." He let out a sigh and looked over at Evangeline a little pleadingly. "Would you mind Evangeline? It would be a huge help."