Chapter 27: The Battle of Two Malfoys

We arrived at the hideaway when it was still dark out. The entire time we were flying, I had been checking that the stone was still in my pocket. I must have checked nearly a hundred times. I had no idea how this was all going to go down and I was frightened that it would end with someone dying. I had to try and convince my father that this was all a huge mistake; that's the only chance of this all going away with no one else getting hurt.

I landed on the ground safely and looked down at the hide away. It was a small looking farm house and to anyone passing by that's all they would think, little did they know that underneath was a labyrinth of tunnels and torture chambers and a whole underground manor. It was the perfect hideout.

"Okay." I said, turning around to the Aurors who looked at the place in the near distance. "Rose, Albus and I will head down there now. I'll tell them I have the stone and they'll let me in." I said. "Al, Rose-" I said, turning to them. "You have to follow as close behind as you can. I can't have you two being stuck outside because they closed the doors too quickly." I explained. The two of them nodded.

"We'll be out in a few minutes." Albus said to his dad and they both embraced each other. Rose hugged her parents too and I sighed.

The three of us walked closer to the farmhouse and we stopped just far enough away to not be spotted. "Okay, cloak time." I told them and Albus unfolded the cloak, getting it ready. I moved closer to Rose as she tied her hair back in a messy ponytail. "I love you." I told her sincerely, a little bit of fear in my voice.

"I love you too." She said and we kissed for what might have been the last time. When we broke apart, Rose and Albus clambered under the cloak and I pulled the stone out of my pocket, gripping it tight in my palm with my wand held tightly in my other. "We're here with you, every step." Rose assured me and I nodded. I knew they could see me, and I knew they were there, but now that I couldn't see them I could feel an eerie chill and I felt like I was completely alone.

I walked slowly toward the door of the hideout. There were two death eaters outside guarding it and they raised their wands. "State your business."

"My business is your business. Now let me in to see my father." I told them as sternly and confidently as I could muster. They looked at each other distrustfully and I rolled my eyes. "My father won't take kindly to me being kept waiting, especially when I have what you've all been looking for." I told them firmly. They looked at each other once more then hesitantly opened the door. Another two Death Eaters were inside and they whispered to one another.

"Tell Malfoy that his son is here to see him." One of the guards said to another. I didn't recognise any of these Death Eaters from when I had been here a few days ago, which made me wonder whether my father had recruited more witches and wizards. Maybe I had underestimated how many Aurors we needed; I thought the nearly twenty we had would be enough, but now I was doubtful.

A couple of minutes went by and I saw the Death Eater return with my father close behind him. He looked stern, like usual. His hands were held behind his back, no doubt with his wand held tight after the letter I'd sent him the other day.

"I have it." I told him, skipping the niceties. His face changed a little, still stern, but a glimmer lit up in his eyes.

"Come." He said, and ushered me into the building. I could only hope that Albus and Rose were still behind me. I followed him down a large set of stairs which led down to a wide tunnel. There were Death Eaters lined through it and they had no doubt been assigned to stand there looking intimidating to frighten me.

My father led me to the large meeting room, as I had suspected he would. Inside were only about nine other Death Eaters, not counting my father. I recognised a few: Pansy Parkinson, the older man, Jones, I think his name was, and Honiton was there – the Imperius expert.