Chapter Three

"Hello, honey," Violet's mother called from the kitchen as she opened the front door, placed her bag on the floor and began to unbutton her coat. The snow had been falling thick and fast and the ground was practically white over at this point. "How was school?"

"Fine thanks, Mom," she replied. The melted snow had even sunk through to the tan-coloured three quarter sleeved top she wore with her skirt – around the collar, at least. Her hair was plastered to her forehead with moisture. She eagerly combed it away with her fingers.

Violet's mother Evelyn suddenly bustled out of the kitchen, dusting her hands off on the apron secured around her body. There seemed to be a smear of flour on her left cheek. She was a short, fairly plump woman with a good-natured face.

"Mom, I'm going to see a band play at the Cavern tonight," she explained. "It starts at eight and I shouldn't be there long, is that alright with you?"

Her mother glanced back at the calendar hanging on the wall. "Yes, dear, that should be perfectly okay," she answered shortly. "So long as you're back before eleven. That Cavern place gets rowdy at nights and I don't want you getting hurt."

Violet nodded and smiled at her mother, but in reality she didn't entirely agree. Sure, Ringo had mentioned that the Cavern Club got busy every once in a while especially when the Quarrymen were playing, but it wasn't like anyone was going to bother Violet anyway. She was a waste of time. She wasn't pretty, she wasn't popular and she wasn't overly talented in anything except art and guitar.

She had never seen the Quarrymen play live before, so today she was more than likely to see the band members, John, Paul, George, Pete and Stu from school. John got on her nerves sometimes but he seemed okay, and George, Pete and Stu seemed nice too. She had never had classes with Paul, so she didn't know what he would be like. Probably another flirt, like the rest of them.

Partially excited, Violet made her way up the stairs and entered her bedroom. She changed out of her outfit into a black jumper and black jeans, before using a towel and a comb to fix up her hair and putting on some lip gloss and a pair of boots. She then ate an early dinner and watched TV on the black and white screen until the clock struck seven-thirty, and bid her mother farewell before making her way out of the front door.

The Cavern Club was about a fifteen minute walk from her house. She pulled her coat closer to her body against the cold, occasionally sliding along the icy ground in her boots; the soles, she quickly realised, had barely any grip on them. It was rare that it snowed in Liverpool at Christmas time, so she wasn't fully prepared for the weather clothes-wise.

As she walked, she remembered that tomorrow was the last day of school before they would break up for the two-week Christmas break and smiled. She needed that time off badly; the term had seemed to last forever. Christmas Day itself meant a lot of family love, a lot of food. And a lot of new books. Which she was always up for.

She was so distracted in thought that she didn't notice the particularly slippery patch of ice right ahead and before she could stop, she had placed her foot right atop it and lifted her other foot, causing her to fly backwards.

dun dun DUUUUUUUUN

what's gonna happen :O

vote and comment ilyasm