Raymond... The Emo Jock

Readers POV

I just wanted to go home... I had been dealing with teachers all day. I was three minutes late to 1st period and the teacher yelled at me... She made we wait five minutes after the bell rung to "talk" to me... Once she let me go she refused to give me a pass. I ended up late to the rest of the classes until lunch and the one teacher gave me a detention. I really don't want to be at this hell anymore.

I didn't feel like eating today so I just walked strait outside. I brought my backpack and my skateboard. The football team decided to work on a play before the Championship Game they had to leave intwenty minutes so I decided to sit by the tree I have practically claimed. Once I sat down I put in my headphones and zoned out on the team. I hadn't played in years. My granddad was very into football. So I played in the youth league.

I had long since forgotten that I need to be back in class. The bell had rung and I was still outside. I saw the truancy officer running toward me. I knew I was in deep shit this time. I have run from him before. He doesn't know me cause I change my hair weekly and I do my makeup different weekly. I stood and got ready to make a run for it.

Once the officer got within feet of me I was ready. Well I was ready to run until I felt hands on my shoulders.

"Don't worry she is our manager." He said to the officer. My shoulders tensed at his voice.

He whispered into my ear "Play along okay, please?"

"Yeah I am with them cause they have a game and I was taking notes on what They have to improve on." I made my voice sound as confident as possible.

"Well fine. I am gonna go report to the office where you are and I will tell your teacher... What is your name?"

"My name is (Y/n)." The officer nodded and took off.

"Hey, come on you are gonna be late for the bus." The boy smiled. He had blond hair and blue eyes. I smiled and he grabbed my hand. I blushed red. This boy saved me.

I climbed on the bus. I had everything with me. The boys cheered and I kind of awkwardly half smiled at there enthusiasm. The coach turns to me and smirks.

"(Y/n) right, I have heard a lot about you. I used to look up to your Grandpa. I knew you had expire nice so I have wanted you as a manager for this team." The coach said. I smiled again and he raised his hand for a hand shake. I took it and smiled.

When we reached the game Raymond walked with me off the bus and grabbed my hand once more.

"Come sit on the bench with us. It'll be cool."

I sat down and I watched the game. It was the last quarter and we were down by 6 points. Raymond was playing the wide receiver position. I noticed something was wrong. A player was moving into illegal territory. I tried to get the refs attention but he wasn't focused.

All I saw was a linebacker (heaviest player) charge straight at Raymond. I yelped as he was hit. I saw his leg brake and I stood to my feet. The ref called a time out when he noticed Raymond couldn't get to his feet.

I ran out in to field and I knelt next to him.

"(Y/n) you need to fill in for me. My substitute is sick. Please this means so much. Win this for us (Y/n)." His voice was weak.

He leaned over and took of his jersey. I took it and I then ran behind the bleachers to change, I put on a spare pair of pants, pads, and a helmet. I had some cleats that my friend left at my house and I never returned so I put those on as well.

"This is for Raymond I have to do this." This was all I could think when I walked out full changed.

I took my spot on the line and I got ready. They called the play and I took off. I was surprisingly faster then the boys. There was only a few seconds left. The quarterback launched the football to me. I caught it. I ran, I ran and I ran. The touch down zone was a few feet I front of me.

3... I was only a yard away. 2... I jumped. 1... I made the touchdown.

They crowd cheered after I landed. I stood up. I waved to the crowd. But my victory was not long celebrated. The same linebacker from before had come running towards me. He hit me at full blast. I felt pain. But I at least won this for Raymond.

I heard a whistle.  The linebacker was to be ejected from the game and he is banned from playing again.

I noticed we were tied. We need a field goal to win. The kicker got ready. I was also ready. It started the kick went up.

The crowd went silent. Everyone watched as the kick was good. We had officially won the championship by 1 point. I was so happy.

The team came running over to me. Raymond tried to stand but the paramedics pushed home down.

The team picked me up and chanted my name as they carried me to the bench. They let me down in front of Raymond.

"Thanks you won us the game. (Y/n) you were perfect out there." I sat next to him. I felt immediately on my ribs. We both leaned into each other. Our lips connected.

But our kiss was short lasting because the team dumped Gatorade on us and the paramedics wanted to look at my ribs.

I have 2 broken ribs. Shit. How happy does this make me. It actually makes me angry.

"(Y/f/n) and Raymond Rynearson.  Could you spare some time to talk to me?"

We turned around, we saw a man with a (favorite college) hat on. Our eyes opened wide.

"I am Dreyson Christ. I am the scout for (favorite college) I really would like to recruit the both of you to our team. We want to have a girl on our team, because one, your good and two, we want to integrate women into the sport. So what do you say, you will receive a full scholarship."

We both leapt to our feet and said yes.

This is how our story began. We are now married and we both play on (favorite professional team). We have 2 kids a boy and a girl.

Thanks Raymond for being the love of my life.
//\\

This is how I meet my crush. I was almost caught by the officer of the truancy. Raymond stepped in and protected me.

I became the manager so I did that whenever I wasn't running for my X-Country team.

We were at the end of the game and he got hurt. More like a concussion not a broken leg.
(I wanted it to be more dramatic)

Anyway, he was walked of the field and I replaced him. Everyone thought I was Ray. I saved the championship game. I was asked to join the Varsity team. I agreed to join but only when I wasn't practicing X-Country. 

Ray and I never kissed but instead we became good friends. I am friend zoned.

Love Y'all so fucking much
~Matty