Chapter 3- The weekend is over

I hadn't seen Caleb or Kayla for two days. I didn't want to either. I wanted to continue moping around with a pot of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and feel sorry for myself. My mind kept replaying the images of seeing them together and their guilty expressions in being caught red handed.

My phone had been bombarded with calls and texts from the two of them to the point I had to end up blocking them both.

Good fucking riddance.

It was time to not give a fuck anymore. Even if it still hurt. I was good at hiding my emotions, even better at acting cold. So that's what I had done in the two day weekend, numbed out the pain and poured my emotions out watching stupid chick flicks and digging into pots of Ben and jerry's ice creams.

But it was now Monday and I had gotten myself together. Today was also the day where I started my little game plan. It was like playing a game of chess and I'd teach the players a lesson on how it felt like to be played. I told myself repeatedly that I was the one and only Hayley Montgomery and I'd suck it up and get my shit together. So I walked out of my house in a knee length cream skirt and a matching long sleeved top and pulled my blonde hair up into a ponytail.

Hold your head up high missy, you didn't want that pretty crown of yours falling off now did you?

I drove into the school car parking in my red lamborghini and stepped out of the car looking around whilst people stared at me like I was some sort of model.

I could be.

Tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear I told myself I've got this. I mentally repeated this to myself before taking a deep breath before entering into the school grounds feeling everyone's eyes trained on me like i was some sort of celebrity. It was true, they looked at me in awe, the girls wanted to be me, the boys wanted me and that was my advantage. I would make them fall hard, then break their poor little hearts. Let's see if they liked it when the tables were turned.

Amy and Leila walked up to me and I gave them my winning smile like everything was ok, "Hey girls".

"Hey I heard you broke up with Caleb what happened?", Leila looks at me filled with concern and my smile falters.

"He was old news now and quite frankly a boy. I need a man not a boy", I winked at them as we headed through the hallways heads held up high.

The corridors were filled with students scurrying to their classrooms. The ones who stood chattering away quickly moved out of our way as we walked past them.

I walked towards my first class which was Geography but get stopped when Kayla runs towards me, "Hayley I need to talk to you please", she looked desperate, like how she desperately slept with guys for attention. I rolled my eyes, the crowd had dispensed and everyone was walking to their classes.

"What do you want?" My eyes narrow angrily at her and she fidgets with the sleeves of her jumper nervously. Kayla looked like shit, she had dark circles underneath her eyes and looked paler than usual. Her red curls were in a messy bun and it didn't look like it had been washed in the last couple of days. To make it worse, she had on a giant hoodie and tracksuits like she was trying to hide away her guilt. This was not the usual fiery Kayla I knew that cared about appearances and what people thought of her much more than me.

She just looked desperate.

"I'm sorry Hayley. It was a mistake we were drunk", she whimpers sounded pathetic to me and i crossed my arms together raising a perfectly arched eyebrow before laughing bitterly at her sorry excuse of an apology.

"You slept with my boyfriend and fucked me over", I take a step closer to her.

"You broke my heart Kayla. You hurt me and you can't take it back", I hear my voice crack and force myself not to break. Not to show her anymore how much I felt lost and confused about this all.

"But you know what? Now I just feel sorry for you because you lost your best friend for some diseasified dick and you lost your title and right to speak to me", I shove her away when she grabs my arm her green eyes desperately pleading me to reconsider.

"Hayley please forgive me", Tears fall down her pale face but I didn't care anymore. I wasn't a person to be fucked with and she of all people knew that.

If they wanted a cold hearted bitch they could have just asked.

"You messed with the wrong girl Kayla. Remember that without me you're a nobody here because now you're a mere memory and that memory is that you're a slut but don't worry you'll soon be forgotten. I'll make sure of it", I shrugged my shoulders disregarding her. I didn't care if I sounded cold, because what they did. That was inexcusable. I couldn't even look at her anymore without picturing the two in bed together.