Chapter 4- Playing the Players Game

It was now lunch time so I walked into the canteen with Andrew by my side. The boy made me lose brain cells each time he tried to flirt and speak to me, he might have been a handsome guy but he was overly dense and slow witted.

We walked towards the usual table I sat on which was considered the top of the social hierarchy and throne of our school. No one dared to sit here because it was mine.

I scanned the canteen until my gaze locked on Kayla who looked so lost and displaced as she held the tray of food in her hands. She didn't know where to seat herself and she nibbled nervously on her bottom lip as she looked around the place then looked towards me. Kayla always sat besides me and we'd always submerge ourselves in fun conversations and laugh about silly things.

Looking at her right now I almost felt sorry for her, almost.

Then I reminded myself that the best friend title was stripped away from her when she decidingly screwed my boyfriend and on my 6 month anniversary.

I thought that day would be perfect and i'd spend that day and the rest of my life with Caleb. In my eyes he was perfect and the love of my life. Love hurts. He hurt me. He took my heart in his soft gentle hands and dropped it to the ground like it were nothing, and like glass, it shattered.

Well not necessarily but I was trying to be more dramatic.

Everyone in this world had their own perspective on life and people. It was the natural way of brain development and progression. My brain had progressed from love to hate for him. Maybe I was lying to myself when I said that, because no one could get out of love in a couple of days, it took time.

A lot of time.

I hadn't see Caleb since that day and that was good thing because if I had, I didn't know how my brain would react, whether I would punch that pretty perfect face of his or break down.

I decided I'd choose option one.

Finally reaching the table the conversations halts as everyone greets me. Amy, Leila and some cheerleaders named Maddie and Ashley look at me then towards Andrew in confusion. They knew I had never really acknowledged Andrew before so what had changed now?

I flash them a playful smile before turning my gaze towards the group of boys.

Ladies and gentlemen I bring you, Zach, Hayden and Alec the schools heartthrobs, players and most insanely attractive guys in our school.

Andrew being included in that group of course yet, before today I didn't speak to him nor did he sit on the table often because he was always sucking someone's face off. The guy clearly, didn't have standards.

I studied each and everyone one of them; my so called friends.

I was going to show them how it felt to be truly betrayed and used by the ones you thought you trusted.

"I've got some juicy news for you guys", Alec smugly leans back on his chair his hands cushioning the back of his head and he wiggles his eyebrows as we all look towards him.

Oh boy, here we go.

Who was it this time?

"I fucked that girl Sadie last night", Alec boasts proudly before being high fived by his friends.

"Lucky bastard. How was she? Heard she's a freak in the sheets", Zach boosts his friends ego encouragingly and i can feel the bile rising up my throat and suddenly my appetite is gone and i stare down at the pasta I had been excited to eat and frown.

"Yup she's definitely a freak but you know the rule's boys... It's a fuck and dump situation", I look back up at Alec feeling irritated as he laughs along with the guys. He catches me staring blankly at him and winks at me.