Tick Tock by fandoms13

Author: fandoms13

Summary:

In the future, the Department of Soulmates and Timers gives everyone a timer on their right hand counting down to when that specific person will meet their soulmate. This solves all romantical problems, divorces, fights, and breakups. The world is a happier place. Up until Castiel Milton meets his soulmate. This is a story about love, drama, and finding the best in a person you never thought you would.

Type: Soulmate AU, drama, angst

Various Warnings: Rape, drug (including alcohol) abuse, psychological addiction

Our Thoughts:

I'll admit, it's been awhile since I read this book. The plot is a little fuzzy in my head, and I don't remember exactly what happens.

What made me want to do a review on this book is the fact that after a year or so, I still remember this fic rather well. It's rare for a book to stick with me so well, so I thought I'd recommend it to all of you guys.

This book starts the day that Castiel and Dean meet and ends a year later, not counting the epilogue. It quickly draws you into the lore of the story, and has a great exposition without it seeming too dragged out. Nothing makes me happier than when a book dumps a ton of knowledge on you all at once, and you don't feel overwhelmed. It quickly gives all the main characters personality, and keeps you invested in them throughout the whole story.

When Cas and Dean meet, they decide that their pairing must be a mistake and try to fix it. Of course, they can't change who their soulmate is and they have to live through it. This story draws you in by showing you how great and happy the characters are, rips you to shreds with angst, then puts you back together with some really strong glue.

If you enjoy being destroyed by the anguish of your favorite characters, but still like happy endings, then this is the book for you.

Best Comments:

*at the wedding* "the day we met, as fate had chosen, the first words I ever heard him say were 'oh hell no.'" -Cas Winchester  - @spnreaderIguess

Oh, Cas, you sound so disappointed! 🎵Why are you holding back from such a man? Is it the clunky way he walks, or the grumpy way he talks? Or the pear shaped, square shaped weirdness of his feet? And though we know he washes well, he always ends up sorta smelly, but you'll never met a fellow who's as sensitive and sweet. So here's a bit of a fixer upper, he's got a couple of bugs. His unmanly blondness or his natural fondness for healing hugs!🎵 - @KickItInTheAss

Thanks for reading!

- Chin_Up_Winchester