Prologue

T H E F U T U R E

➖➖➖➖

WHO would've ever though that life could be so short? Who would ever thought that the love of your life could be ripped away from you in a matter of seconds? Bryson Djuan Tiller sure didn't think so. As he sat in his study, he thought about the day his ex-girlfriend told him she was pregnant.

It was one of the most happiest days of his life. The day she gave birth felt so surreal to him. He couldn't believe he was finally a father. That day was a good day and a terrible day all at once. His girlfriend died after giving birth.

She never got to hold her daughter Ariel, or even take one good look at her. Although it had been years since she's died, he still thinks about it. Bryson and his ex-girlfriend had a lot of problems, but that didn't stop him from loving her the way he did. He wasn't particularly in love with her, but he had a lot of love for her and he always will. She holds a special place in his heart along with Ariel.

His daughter Ariel is now seven years old, and he also has another baby on the way with the love of his life, Gabriel. He smiled just thinking about her. She eventually appeared from the other side of the door, while Bryson was still day dreaming about her.

He eventually snapped out of his daze and noticed Gabriel standing in front of him. He gave her a bright smile before his hands reached up and wrapped around her waist, pulling her onto his lap.

"Hey baby. You good?" He asked rubbing her stomach in circles. To say Bryson was excited about having another baby, was an understatement but he was scared all at the same time. All though he knew for a fact that Gabriel would be fine after giving birth to their child, he still worried.

"I'm fine love. I just came to check on you. You've been cooped up in here all day." She responded lowly, while rubbing his head. This was something she had did out of the comfort of her own.

"I'm good Gabby." He said as he placed a kiss on her cheek. Bryson tapped her thigh lightly so she would stand up. Once she did, he stood up also. Grabbing her hand, he placed a kiss upon the palm of her hand. Little things like this, still made Gabriel blush after years of being with Bryson.

"I love you." He said looking at her in her eyes.

"I love you more." She stated lowly.

This is how their life was seen to be in the future, but will it turn out that way?