Chapter 6: The Party

The car ride was very awkward in the back seat, since Shinoa had forced the two boys to sit together. Mika and Yuu both stared awkwardly out their windows with flustered faces.

Shinoa and Mitsuba were casually chatting about things in the front. Mitsuba was driving, since Shinoa was too short. Earlier when Shinoa first got into the car she sat in the front seat behind the steering wheel. The problem was that she could barely see over the steering wheel. And when she stretched out her legs to step on the brake pedals, her feet couldn't reach.

Mitsuba giggled at this, looking at the violet haired girl with a teasing smile. Shinoa became angry, blurting out, "Just you wait, Mitsuba. I'll be tall enough to drive one day and I'll be taller than you!"

"We'll see," Mitsuba chuckled, staring back at the road ahead of her. Her hands gripped the steering wheel and her purple eyes relaxed.

Mika glanced over at Yuu. He was looking out the car window. A light pink blush was visible on his cheeks. Mika sighed, wanting to get over the awkwardness.

"Yuu-chan," He said. His right hand rested on the seat in between them.

"U-Um what?" Yuu turned his head to look at Mika. He placed his hand down. But his hand didn't find the seat. Instead, it was on top of another hand.

"Wah!" Yuu exclaimed, jerking his hand away from the touch. Holy crap, I just placed my hand on Mika's. What's wrong with me?!

"Uh....." Yuu mumbled. His face had heated up and his heart was racing.

Mika looked at Yuu in shock, not knowing what to say or what to do. He lifted his right hand up to his face, rubbing it with his other hand. Yuu's touch was warm, and Mika wanted more. But he had to hide these feelings, as they were secret and he couldn't express them. At least, not yet.

The two didn't talk at all during the rest of the ride. When they reached their final destination, it was a nice looking house in a nice looking neighborhood. Yuu recognized this place as Yoichi's house.

"We're here~" Shinoa mused. "I hope you boys had fun back there," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"A-Ah Shinoa, that's not how it was..." Yuu nervously laughed, waving his hands in front of his face.

Shinoa smirked, then got out of the car. The gang got out too, following her to the steps of the house.

Shinoa stepped up to the door, her pink and white party dress bouncing as she went. She rang the door bell.

After a few seconds they heard foot steps and a brunette opened the door.

"Oh, hey guys. Come in," Yoichi welcomed them, smiling with his normal sweet smile.

They stepped in and looked around the house. It was decorated with party decorations. Confetti and balloons were everywhere, and a cake sat on the kitchen counter. Since Yoichi and Kimizuki's birthdays were so close together, they had one big party for both of them.

Kimizuki was preparing the last few things. When he noticed them, he said, "Sup guys."

They all greeted him, then proceeded to sit on the couch or on stools that had been set out.

"Alright. So now that everyone's here, let's get this party started!" Yoichi exclaimed. He went over to his portable speaker and turned it on. He hooked up his phone and started up the music.

"Aren't Guren and Shinya supposed to be here?" Yuu asked.

Kimizuki answered, "They are coming until later. They had to, uh, do some stuff."