It's Still Six Somewhere

"Hi."

"Hi. Uhm... okay... I have to go."

"Maine, wait!"

"I have to start signing books now."

"Ah... okay.. uhm.. is it okay if I wait for you? Do you have some place you have to be after this? Can I take you out for coffee or drinks?"

You can take me home. Woi! Easyhan mo lang ang pagka-atat girl. Wag pahalatang kinikilig yang atay mo. Kasi naman bakit ampogi pogi nitong taong coupon bond na to. Haaaay ngumiti pa... NICOMAINE MAMAYA NA INTERNAL KEMERUT! Sagutin mo yung ta--- ay tangina kinagat yung labi. Rawr.

"Your smile still takes my breath away. Para saan yung rawr?"

Ayaaaaan. Sige! Rawr pa more! Hindi ka na natuto. SAGOT KASI SAGOT! Hindi puro titig. Peste kasi bakit ang yummy nitong mokong na to!?

"The signing may take a while. Medyo madami sila eh. Surprisingly. Baka mainip kasama mo."

"I'm not with anyone."

Now or... ay o, ang bata umaasa. Move on, Nicomaine. Pogi lang yan pero he lied to you. You don't need him in your life. Oh but I dooo... cherish youuuu... for the rest of my life, you don't have to think twice... I will, love you still...

"Maine? Uhm... I think kailangan ka na nila. I'll wait for you. Besides, I promised my sister an autographed copy of your new book. Pipila din ako. I'll see you later. And Meng... it's nice to see you walking again. I always knew you would."

"Okay. Uhm.. sige. See you later."

Wow bes, author ka ba talaga? Ang eloquent. Nahiya naman sayo ang Palanca award mo. Palakpakan mga kaibigan! Jusko Nicomaine.

~•~•~•~

"Who's that tall drink of water you were just talking to? Grabe. He couldn't take his eyes off you. I had to cross my legs and he wasn't even looking at me!"

"Who? Oh him.. he was my PT a few months ago."

"Oh my god you mean he had his hands on your body? Sweetie how are you still alive? I mean if those hands were anyw---"

"Aren't you supposed to be dating my brother?"

"I am? Yes yes I am! And he's adorable. Your brother I mean, he's adorable. Not cross my legs kind of adorable though. Uhm... Okay I'm going to shut up now and eeeeek he's in line with wait 1..2..3...FOUR BOOKS for you to sign!"

"Alex, I swear to God sasapakin kita in front of these people if you don't shut up. Mamaya ka na mangulit!"

"I don't care. O diyos ko he's looking right at you. Bakit hindi ka pa tunaw? Bakit? Bakit?"

"Bakit sa dinadami ng editors sa mundo ikaw pa naging editor ko? Bakit? Bakit?"

"Oh shut up. I know your tits aren't exactly calm too. Wag ka nga. He looks like the kind of guy you can take home to your parents."

"Hmmm I gue---"

"And then when they're not looking, make sweet dirty love to you on your parents' bed."

"ALEXANDRA JUSKO KA!"

"Hi, Miss Maine! Huge fan of your work!"

"Hi! Thank you! What's your name?"

"Leila. Why? Oh oh my god hindi mo lang pipirmahan? As in? With dedication pa? That's so nice! Thank you Miss Maine!"

"You're welcome! Enjoy the book!"