Ana's house

After school I called my mom and told her I would be going over to a new friend of mines house. She was so happy for me that she told me to stay out as late as I wanted. I thanked her and hung up quickly, then jogging out of the school to meet Ana and Mia on the sidewalk. Halfway to them I felt my lungs begin to burn and I had to slow down.  Soon I was panting and couldn't breathe, forcing me to stop. I hunched over, using my knees for support as I attempted to catch my breath. Ana and Mia exchanged glances and walked to where I was. When I finally could breathe again, I stood up and reached into my bag for a chocolate chip granola bar.

Ana smacked it out of my hand and it landed on the sidewalk next to me. "Hey!" I shouted and looked at her. She looked absolutely horrified. "What was that for?"

Mia wrapped an arm around her and rubbed her shoulder soothingly "I thought you said you never wanted to feel like a fat ass again?" Ana spat calmly at me. I gasped at her, since she had only been nice to me I had never seen this side of her. My face reddened with embarrassment as I began to realize she was right. Both girls fixed me with stern looks waiting for my response.

"You're right. i will do whatever it takes." They smiled and let me in between them, wrapping their arms around my shoulders. "If you do it my way," Ana said while sliding a pair of designer sunglasses over her eyes "You will look like me in no time. But," She lowered them and stopped walking, looking me directly in the eye. "If you don't follow my rules, you have to do what Mia does." Mia fixed me with her cool gaze and I shuddered "W-What does M-Mia do?"

Both girls exchanged glances and let out a forced laugh "Oh you will find out soon enough." Ana said with a dismissive wave of her hand. Mia nodded and we resumed walking again. Soon the heat of the sun started to get to me and I felt sweat begin to trickle down my back. "Uhm Ana?"

"Yes?" I looked at both girls, not a drop of sweat had formed on their skin. "How far away is your house?" I asked trying to seem cool but my voice squeaked towards the end. "Oh just down on South main." She said like it was only a few blocks away when in reality, it was at least 30 blocks! I looked at her mortified, 30 blocks! In this heat! I always ride the bus! And now we are walking!

"That's such a long way!" I complain Both girls stop again and look at me "If you want to look like this," Mia gestured to her body "You're going to have to get used to exercising. And exercising a lot harder than this. Why, me and Ana run 5 miles everyday before and after school! And we do extensive cardio. Isn't that right Ana?" Ana nods her head and pats my shoulder "You're lucky. usually we run to my house rather than walk. But we're taking it easy on you since its your first day."

Too astonished to object, I let them lead me the 30 some blocks to Ana's house. Once there, I admire the nice brick structure in front of me. With plenty of windows and 2 floors, a long drive way, and a 3 car garage. I can tell Ana's parents have money but at the moment, I was too tired to care. I sat down on her steps and put my head in between my knees, panting. I'm sure I ruined Mia's sweater with sweat. Both girls sit down next to me giving me pitying looks. "It gets better, but you have to exercise everyday at least twice a day."

I nod and my stomach grumbles loudly. I smile sheepishly as I remember I haven't eaten since breakfast. Both girls laugh when I ask if they have any food to eat. I look at them seriously and they immediately stop. "Oh, you were serious." Mia says and looks at Ana. "Uhm we might have something inside?" Ana says whilst getting up. She offers a hand to Mia, who offers a hand to me. The three of us go inside and I'm greeted with a spacious living room with a large flat screen  and a leather couch with matching chairs surrounding it.

Ana led us into an area separate from the living room. When in the kitchen, I saw a large stainless steel refrigerator that was probably twice the size of mine, cherry colored cabinets, granite counter tops covered with various cooking utensils and a large island with 4 bar stools surrounding it. Mia chose one of the stools and I chose one opposite of her. Ana walked up to the big fridge and opened it. What I saw made my stomach grumble even more. It was packed full, full as in maximum capacity. I saw several things I would love to sink my teeth into! Cake, left over gravy, left over steak, a chocolate pie, caramel sauce, basically any sugary foods, she had it!

And yet, she was milling around like she couldn't find anything. My mouth watered further as I looked at all the food, but she still didn't hand me anything. Finally she reached to the back "Found something!" She pulled out a small plastic container with a few berries in the bottom and sat it in front of me ceremoniously. Ana took the seat next to Mia and they both looked at me with what appeared to be jealously. I didn't understand this but I wasn't going to stop and ask. Quickly, I devoured the berries.

Both girls cringed in disgust as I sucked my finger for any remaining morsel "More?" I asked innocently. Again both girls laughed. "Honey, that was the last thing you can eat today." Ana said simply and threw away the container. "But..But I'll starve!" I protested "No, no you will not" Mia said and put her hand on top of mine "You don't want to be a fattie anymore, do you?" I flinched at her harsh words and lowered my head, shaking it no.

"That a girl!" Ana said cheerfully. I looked around her house wondering what we were going to do now. "So uhm is it just you guys or do you have other friends?" I asked curiously. They both smiled.

"Well there's Cat" Said Ana

"And Deb" added Mia

"And Dallas!" Both girls squealed and then broke into a fit of giggles.

"You guys like Dallas I take it?"

"Oh." Mia looks at me seriously "Everyone likes Dallas"

Ana nods her head vigorously "Trust me, you will like him to. He would probably be into you, once, I mean, you know, you're not so....fat." Ana put simply

I felt a deep sadness fill me and felt like I was about to cry. "Ah ah ah!" Ana said quickly and snapped her fingers, gaining my attention. "You don't cry to us. Save that for Deb and Cat."

I sniffled and nodded "Why?"

"Because that's their expertise." said Mia. "Wanna meet them?"

I was unsure but I didn't want to lose these new friends already so I smiled and nodded. Again, both girls squealed and pulled out their phones.