Deb & Cat

Shorty after Ana and Mia sent out the messages, there was a knock on the door. Ana got up quickly, walking quickly but calmly to the door. When she opened it, her body blocked the view of the two girls. She leaned forward and I caught a glimpse of the girl on the right . She had her dark frizzy hair up in a messy bun, with straight bangs coming across her forehead. Ana pulled back before I could observe more. I heard her whispering to the girls "She's new. And.....sensitive..." I could've sworn I heard a slight snarl when she said sensitive, like she was disgusted I had feelings. I heard some shuffling and turned my attention back to Mia, not wanting to look like I was gawking.

"Sue? This is Deb" Ana said gesturing to the girl I had caught a small glimpse of. Her hair was indeed black. There we no other colors to lighten it. She was almost as thin as Ana. She refused to meet my eyes and kept them trained on the floor, keeping me from detecting her eye color. Her face was soft, it didn't jut out in the sharp angles like Ana's and Mia's did. Despite it being at least 75, she was wearing a black long sleeve shirt. It clung to her the same way Mia's shirt did, but Deb didn't seem to have any curves the way Mia did. Her shirt went well past where her jeans should've started, covering up her other features that both Ana and Mia love to show off. She was wearing dark gray skinny jeans and she too possessed a thigh gap. It seemed all these girls needed this to be part of their group. I never felt more like an outsider than I did with all these girls. I was questioning my being here when Ana interrupted my thoughts.

"And this, is Cat" I hadn't even noticed the other girl. She too had her hair up in a bun, however, her hair was more controlled and less frizzy. She would only meet my eyes briefly. Her big brown eyes looked like she was on the verge of tears. It made me afraid to say something, in fear of saying the wrong thing and pushing her over the edge that she looked like she was teetering on. Her face looked very similar to Debs. She also had a long sleeve shirt on, hers a navy blue. The short was cut slightly lower and her collar bones stuck out slightly, not nearly as far as Ana or Mia's did. The shirt ended at the same place Debs did. She was wearing a pair of clean, white skinny jeans.

When I was done admiring both girls, I was surprised. I couldn't believe it took me this long to notice. Their were groups within this group if friends. It becoming so obvious to me in that moment, it didn't even feel like a revelation, more like an extremely obvious detail I had simply over looked. Ana and Mia, both tiny, with prominent bones, perfect skin, perfect hair, and long legs. They both see Ed comfortable with their bodies and had no problem showing them off. They were perfect.

However, Deb and Cat were perfect in their own way. Ana and Mia were perfect like the girls you think don't exist, too good to be true. Cat and Deb were more of the attainable perfection. Both girls had that look like they were hardly trying ton that beautiful, but to do that took more effort than it looked. These girls were obviously self conscious about their body, covering as much of it up as possible. They were the type of girls that if you didn't look, you could easily pass them and not notice how beautiful they were. But if you stopped and looked, even for just a second, you would realize that these girls were breath taking. Ana and Mia however, you could pick them out immediately in a crowded room. They were hard 10's. they were impossible to miss.

Mia cleared her throat behind me and brought me out of my obsessive thoughts of the girls. Cat and Deb had moved away from the spot I was staring out, taking the seat next to mine and the one across from it. Ana wasn't in the room but she soon joined us, dragging a chair up to the island. They all were looking at me, my face, my arms, my body. I had never felt more self conscience. "We'll," a small voice said "You guys have your work cut out for you." Cat gave me half smile and Deb exhaled slightly more through her nose. I took that as a chuckle of agreement?

I looked at Deb, whose hands were folded in front of her, resting on the island. She was shaking, badly. "Are you alright?" I asked her.
Her eyes met mine for the first time and I could see they were a cloudy gray. They went wide and she immediately looked down and took her hands off the island.

"Don't mind her. She's just shy." Ana said with Cat nodding an agreement beside her. Mia let out a loud snort "Oh whatever. She's not shy. She's a loud party animal, when no ones around" she says with a smirk. If Deb could lower her head further she did, she looked like she just wanted to disappear.

Ana sighed and looked at Mia with disapproval "Why must you torment her?" Mia shrugged and got up, going to the fridge and grabbing 5 bottles of water. She distributed them and all 4 girls opened the seal and took several long drinks. They all set them down for a second before drinking even more. More that half the bottle was gone! I didn't even like water that much! I liked Pepsi and Mountain Dew way more. When they set their bottles down again, they all looked at my untouched bottle "Aren't you going to drink that?" asked Cat curiously. "You will be soooo hungry if you don't."

I raised my eyebrows "If I get hungry I will just eat." I stated simply. What else would I do? Ana and Mia put their head in their hands and both Cat and Deb stared at me "Why haven't you told her yet?" Whispered Cat loudly to Ana, as if I couldn't here her.

"I tried!!! But she doesn't seem to get it!" Ana replied frustrated. Cat nodded and turned to me, placing her small cold hands on mine "When was the last time you ate?" I thought about it "About an hour ago. I had some berries." Cat nodded and said "You realize that's all you can eat today." My eyes went wide. I mean Ana had said something similar but she couldn't be serious! I would starve for sure! As if reading my thoughts Cat smiled "Trust us you won't starve."

I looked at the 4 girls and they all nodded together. Ana and Mia relayed the story of what happened to me today and both girls 'awhed' sympathetically at the same. "She told us she never wanted to feel like that again. You will help us help her right?" Ana asked

Both girls exchanged glances and turned to me "Of course we will."