Mia

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I stretched over to shut it off when I felt a shape pain in my stomach. I cried out and wrapped my arms around myself. I squeezed tightly hoping the pressure would contain the pain. But a few seconds later I felt another pang. My stomach grumbled loudly and I gasped for air. I heard a faint yawn behind me as Ana sat up in bed. Her blonde hair was messy but in an adorable way. I couldn't take in any more features in before another wave of pain started. Ana placed a small hand on my side, beneath my ribs and pressed. The pain slowly subsided and I was able to move without the excruciating pain stopping me.

I slowly crawled out of my bed and started getting ready. By the time I had slid into a pair of jean shorts and pulled a t-shirt over my head, Ana had slipped into a pair of leggings with a loose fitting tank top. It showed off her bony shoulders and prominent collar bones. I admired her while she brushed out her hair and fluffed it in my mirror. She quickly applied eye liner and blush. Ana noticed me staring and looked over at me. " Well, aren't you going to get ready?" She asked. I raised my eyebrows "I am ready." Ana laughed and shook her head, grabbing my hand and having me sit down in front of her. She pulled a curling iron out of her bag, further convincing me it was endless. She quickly curled my full head of hair and I was absolutely amazed. It would've taken me hours to do that.

She applied some eyeliner to my eyes now and a quick coat of mascara. I looked at myself in the mirror and was in awe. I looked so different. I barely recognized myself. I turned around to thank Ana but she was gone. I stood up quickly and checked my closet, under my bed, but she wasn't there. I heard the soft click of my front door and rushed to the window. Ana took off jogging , hand bag slung over her shoulder. I watched her disappear down the street as I slipped on my flip flops and grabbed my bag. I walked down my stairs and took a deep breath. The smell of food hit me like a wall of bricks. My mouth began to water and my stomach rumble.

I rushed into the kitchen to find a note next to a stack of waffle.

"Hope you have a good day at school!

Love you,

Mom"

I grabbed the plate of food and sat down at the table. I was ready to dig in when Ana's voice rang through my head.

"Look down at you thighs."

I did.

Two giant slabs of fat, squished together, looking like they were fighting on who got more room. I felt myself gag at the repulsiveness.

"Put the food down."

I did.

I got up with the plate and walked over to the trash can, tipping the ceramic so the waffles slid off and into the bin. I set my plate in the sink and ran up the stairs to change into jeans before the bus got there.

When we got to the school, I quickly exited the bus and went in to the school. I began to head in the direction of my locker when I heard high pitched giggles. I turned around and there she was, the girl that humiliated me, surrounded by tall thin girls. They all stood around the head girl's locker and pointed at me. I heard them whispering the same names they were calling me yesterday. I instantly looked down and walked away as fast as I could. This earned me more laughter.

When I got to my locker, I wished I was tiny enough to crawl inside. Those girls were skinny and perfect, but not Ana skinny and perfect. They would never be. That was the only thought keeping me from bursting into hysterics. I felt two comforting arms sling across my shoulders and looked up to see Ana and Mia. Ana looked the same as when she left this morning, perfectly pristine. Mia was wearing cameo colored skinny jeans with a tight black tank top. This one had gold rhinestones over the shoulders and along the hem of the shirt. She was wearing a pair of black heels with gold studs to match. She looked like she stepped right out of a teen fashion magazine. Her hair was silky and straight compared to Ana's fluffy and voluptuous hair.