chptr 3

I woke up the next day to the smell of bacon, and laughter. I got up, put on some shorts and a shirt and went down stairs. Renee was in the kitchen cooking, john was outside reading the news paper. Good morning honey. morning I said, taking a apple off the table, walking outside to see what john was doing. Morning baby girl, how you sleep. Good I said, sitting next to him in a chair. Anything good, I asked? Just the usual, but there is a dance school opening up in a week. Cool, I said taking a bite of my apple. You are able to take regular highschool classes, while dancing, and you can go down to the board right now and sign in. I just looked at him. So what you think? About what I said. The school?? Sounds nice, but how will you know if I get in. Trust me you will. He said with the biggest smile. I smiled back. So?? So what? Renee asked walking out with the food. John wants me to go to this dance school. John, I told you not to pressure her. You knew about it to. Well yeah, last night, he recorded you dancing. I just looked at him. John?? What he said, I just happened to walk by.

You are good salsa. You have a gift. I looked down at the table. I believe in you, I will be there for every recital, compatention. You believe I'm that good. yes. OK, I will do it I said smiling. Good he said. Smiling at me. After breakfast we will go.

I hurried up and ate. Renee, said she wanted to stay home, so it was just me and john. We went to the board of education, got signed in. We had to sit and wait to talk to one of the supervisor of the dance school. Salsa, is there a salsa here. My heart stopped for a moment,John grabbed my hand and we walked in. Are you dad? the lady asked. Well I'm.. Yeah he is my dad. He smiled and we walked in. The supervisor was real pretty. I was really nervous, when she was talking, she said, this audition was video only, and if we got through this one, we would of had to dance in front of four judges. John looked at me. You OK. I don't have a video i said. Before he got to answer, my name was called. As I was about to walk up. John handed me a disc and told me, he got me covered, I just looked at him. Trust me he said. Smiling at me, his smile had peace in it.  I handed the lady my disc, hi salsa dowey, nice to meet you, I'm ms scrabble. nice to meet you I said, shaking her hand. You may go take a seat next to your dad. I didn't even know john was in here. I looked at him all nervous. The tape started playing, it first started out when I was like two, I was dancing for my mom, you could hear her voice in the background. She told me I was going to be the best dancer in the world. I looked so happy, I felt a tear fall down my face. John hugged me, then there was a part of the disc when I was five, my mom was sitting in her rocking chair, she looked so sick, and when I started dancing, a smiling came on her face. She clapped her hands and smiled the whole time I was dancing. At that part I balled like a baby. John hugged me tighter. Then there was a part where my mom was in the hospital so sick, she looked weak , but as she saw me, she told me to dance, in the weakest voice. I danced, and I danced. In the video I was crying. She hugged me and she told me to always dance.  I smiled more when I did. I was crying so hard, then it went black. All the people in that interview room was quiet, the screen turned white, and there popped up john and Renee. There they were explaining who they were. They showed  mini clips of me dancing at the orphanage, how I messed up a lot. It showed a part where I was screaming at god asking him why, I was like 14. Then it showed where john and Renee were building my dance studio in my room.  All you heard was laughter. it showed where john first showed me the room, when I ran into his arms. As he hugged me. Then it showed me dancing yesterday. How I had that smile on my face.

The same I did when my mom would watch me. There I danced, and I danced. Its different from actually dancing it, then watching it. Watching it, it showed me how hard I was dancing, and how all my emotions came out. At the end it shows me laying on the ground, saying mommy I wish you was here. I started to cry. I didn't even know someone was watching me. At the very end was a message from my mom. She was talking to me, like she was here. She told me, that I was strong, and she loved me, and she happy, she got to spend 7 yrs with me. She told me to follow my dreams and never give up, she said it may hurt now, but soon I will get over it, and just smile when I hear her name. she told me that one day a family will come and I would be their blessing and I would have everything in life. They were my blessing god. I love you salsa and it went black. I cried so hard. Everything was quiet, the interviewers didn't know what to do. Ms. Scrabble walked up to me, and she gave me the biggest hug ever. She grabbed my face and said, honey you can dance, when you dance you have that look in your eyes and I can see it.

You honey, will make it big. Go home and prepare you made it through. She hugged me once again. She walked over got the disc handed it back to me. Salsa, you have a great mother, who loved you, very , very much she wanted you to follow your dream's. Don't cry, I know its hard. She believed in you so much. So why cry, she said. I'm not crying for that, that's the first time 9 years, I heard, or saw my mom's face. When she passed I got put in a orphanage and I was not allowed to have no of her stuff with me. It felt like she forgot about me, but everything that happened to me lately, shows me she is here. And she hasn't given up on me. Tears ran down my face. I choked on the words as I said , like she is still here. She is in your heart honey. Go prepare, celebrate with your family because you are in. I just looked at her. I see your passion, and your heart. You have a dancer's soul. Welcome to school dance. You are our first official student. I still want to preform. I said. Why she said looking back at me as she was walking away. To prove that I do belong. To who? To you, the school, my mom, my parents, and myself. OK can't wait to see what you have. Nice meeting you salsa dowey. You to I said, and walked out.