Chapter 1

Welcome to the second book in the Fault of Time series.  I know, this has taken quite a while for me to actually publish after taking down the beginning chapters for publishing, but I also ended up rewriting some of my last draft.

And, again, I know this has taken FOREVER, but thanks to one special WattPadder (they know who they are), they have caused me to remember this is still a thing, and that I should really publish this again.  

So, thank that person.  They know who they are.

And, also, note, I wrote most of this story two years ago, so this story kind of sucks, in my opinion.  Plot lines are not the best, the grammar sucks, and the overall language and tone is amateur.  I don't think I was the best writer when I was in my Star Wars fanfic time, or my DC one for that matter.  

Anyway, enjoy the first chapter of the long overdue The Fault of Family.

Ezra's POV

"Separatist pilots on your left!" I yelled through the internal coms to Sabine, who was on the turrent gun. 

"See them!" Sabine yelled back as they exploded into space junk.

"Nice shot!" Zeb complimented.

After only a few more shots, the last of the Separatist vessels were destroyed. 

"Nice supply run," I complimented to the crew as they walked in.

"Yeah, yeah.  Not so much a supply run as a robbery," Sabine said with a mischievous grin.

"Hey! This intel might tell us where we can find the machine that brought us here!" I exclaimed, followed up with a beep from Screwy, our droid.

We still had not found a way to get back to the future since our run in with the Jedi on Coruscant.  Since then, we had been stealing intel from both sides, trying to find out if one of them had the machine, or was in the process of building it.  

"I think the fact that we just took out 20 Separatist pilots is an achievement within itself!" Zeb exclaimed as he plopped himself in the co-pilot seat.

Sabine and I laughed as we watched the large Lasat sigh in pleasure.  

"Entering hyperspace," I inform the crew as I set in coordinates and the stars blur together around us.

"I am going to go and check out the information on this disk," Sabine reports as she left the cockpit, leaving only Zeb and I.

We had just gotten back from a mission to steal intel from a Separatist base.  We had hoped that since we were nearing the start of the Galatic Empire everyday, somebody would have the plans for the machine that we had gone after for so long ago, the machine that brought us back to the time of the Clone Wars.  The time of the Jedi.  The time of no Sith emperors.

Zeb and I mostly stayed silent.  Sitting, staring out at the stars.  About two hours later, we exited hyperspace.  At the same time, Sabine came back into the cockpit, informing us there was nothing to be found on the intel disk.

"Just plans for battleships, present and future," Sabine explained.

"Ugh!  That's just wonderful.  Well, the disk is worthless, then," I sighed.

"What do we want to do with it then?" Zeb asked.

We all three gave out a collective sigh.  This was the danger of time traveling into a past we knew  the outcome of.  We can do whatever we want, but we do not know how it will affect the future we know.

We could give this intel to the Republic, and later find out it was the only reason they won the war, or that they lost earlier than before.  Or, we could send it back to the Separatists, but then risk a victory brought earlier, and so on.  

It sure was wonderful being time travelers.

Whatever we did always had the chance to change something in the future, so matter how big or small.  Our only hope was that we weren't changing anything too big.  It had beens six months since we had come back, so I could only imagine what we had done.  

"Another bit of intel to put into storage," I finally sighed.

As we all looked down in defeat, the stars around us focused into individual specks.  In front of us, the planet Naboo floated in space.

"Off to another adventure, I guess," Zeb sighed.