Chapter Eight

::Rayan's P.O.V::

I was laying across my bed soaking in the utter silence. Jacob, Jordan, and Jazmyne had left a while ago, now it was just me, Bria, and our mom. I assumed Bria was in her room, either she was on her computer, reading a book, or texting Jacob. They exchanged numbers right before he left. 

I closed my eyes and hummed lightly, I swear I was about to doze off but the slam of the front door caused me to open my eyes. "Rayan, get down here!" I looked up at the ceiling, dad's home. "God, please take me now" I begged quietly, "Rayan Lopez!" "I'm coming, damn" I mumbled as I stood up and walked out of my room.

I walked down the stairs and into the living, where I found my dad standing in the middle of the room and my mom sitting on the couch. She looked confused; obviously she had no idea why he was so pissed. "Yes?" I asked, "your school called today, said you got into a fight" he said sternly.

"Rayan, you got into a fight?" My mom asked in shock, I looked at her and said "no, I didn't". "They said you were in the office for half of the day" dad informed, "okay, I was, but I didn't get into a fight. I was trying to break it up, actually". "Really? Well you made a mistake, they said you were in on the fight. Do you know how that's going to affect you being on the football team?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance "here we go" I muttered.

"Ryan, quiet down...." Mom said gently, he ignored her. "You've got to be serious about football Rayan, it's the thing that's holding your career up" he said to me, I laughed a cold heartless laugh "how can I be serious about something that I don't enjoy?" I asked, "football isn't holding up my career, what the hell does that even mean anyway? I don't want to play football because I don't like football".

There was silence. I glanced at the stairs and noticed Bria was sitting at the top, from where our parents were they couldn't see her. "You've got this big elaborate plan on how my 'career' is going to play out. You see something that I don't want to see" I said truthfully as I looked at him. There was a long gap of silence, and I mean long.

My dad suddenly cleared his throat, "you're mother cleaned your football pads, so they would be clean for practice tomorrow". I let out the frustrated sigh that I was holding in, "okay". I turned away and walked to the stairs; Bria was still sitting there. I stopped walking and stood there, I looked at a spot on the floor "oh, and dad...." I said loud enough for him to hear. "I'll be eighteen soon". 

>>*<<

Yelling. That's what I heard at two in the morning. It was yelling. Next I heard footsteps, then it was the knock on my door. I watched as the door opened revealing my sister. She looked younger standing there with her old worn down bear.

I remembered that bear, I gave it to her for her fourteenth birthday. When she opened the box and pulled it out she said she was too old for stuffed bears, then put it back in the box. I offered to take it back and she said 'yes please', I took it to my room.

I guess later on she snuck into my room and took back the bear because when I went to tell her goodnight she was sleeping peacefully with the bear wrapped close to her. I knew she liked it.

That's how she looked now, like her fourteen year old self again. "I can't sleep" she said lightly, "I wonder why" I said back, "come on". She walked into my room and closed the door behind her. I got out of the bed and went to my closet and grabbed the sleeping bag. I rolled it out onto the floor and climbed inside of it. I watched Bria as she climbed into my bed, she handed me a pillow. "Thanks" she said simply, "no problem".

>>*<<

::Jacob's P.O.V::

When Bria sat next to me on the bus she didn't say anything, all she did was pull a small pillow out of her bag and placed it on my lap, next she laid down. I was confused.

You're not the only one

I looked at Rayan, "rough night" he said with a yawn. "Oh" I said lightly, I looked out the window as I gently played with a strand of Bria's hair.

>>*<<

I walked into homeroom alone, I didn't have it with none of my friends. Wow, I haven't been able to say that in a long while. Friends. I haven't really had friends before, well I did; they weren't real ones though. They used me alot, for schoolwork and other stuff similar to that.

>>*<<

Bria sat next to me at the lunch table. "Thanks for letting me fall asleep on you" she said simply, "hm, that sounds weird" she added lightly. I smiled but didn't say anything, "did you get in trouble for fighting Chresanto?" She suddenly asked.

I nodded "yeah, we both have to stay after school today". "Hey, Ray has football practice again today, I could stay and watch him practice and when he's done you would probably be able to go home. Want me to just do that?" I asked. "Yeah, I'd like that" I answered.

>>*<<

::Rayan's P.O.V::

Before I could even walk into the locker room I was pulled to the side by the coach. "Listen, Rayan, I need to talk to you about something" he explained, "um....Okay". "I found out Chresanto got into a fight with another kid a-" "Jacob" I pointed out.

"Yeah, okay Jacob, I've never seen him before; but anyway, I've decided to remove Chresanto from the field for a while" I rubbed the back of my neck "uh" "which means, I need a person to replace him until I put him back on, so I'm coming to you".

"So you're telling me... That Chresanto lost his place on the field for a while, and you want me, of all people, to take over his spot for a while?" I asked, coach Johnson nodded "yes, that's exactly what I'm saying". "Um, okay.... I guess I'll do it, can't really say no" I said lightly, "thanks Rayan, now go get changed" I walked into the locker room. "I've got Chres' spot....." I mumbled, I suddenly smirked "he's going to be pissed when he finds out". 

 ::Bria's P.O.V::

I sat alone on the bleachers outside, I watched as a few of the boys who were at practice walked out onto the field. I pulled out my phone and my ear buds and listened to music on my phone. I also pulled a book to read from my bag.

>>*<<

I was still listening to music and reading my book when a figure stood in front of me. I looked at the ground and noticed the person's football cleats. I looked up and saw Parker, he was a guy I talked to once in a while.

"Hey" he greeted, "hi" "I haven't talked to you in a while" he informed. I smiled "yeah, I know, ever since you began to date Bethany you stopped communicating" I explained, "well, with me at least". I noticed the guilty look he gave off. "Yeah, um sorry about that" he apologized, I shrugged "it's whatever".

"Okay.... So uh, I'm having a party at my house this Saturday" "and you're inviting me to it" I finished for him. "Yeah" "I'll see if I can make it, what time does it start?" I asked. "Eight" he answered, "anybody I know who's definitely coming?" I questioned.

"Yeah, Jordan and Jazmyne, and mostly all of the football team" I nodded "okay, cool". "Yeah" "any chance I could bring a friend?" "I don't see why not" "tha-" I was cut off by Ray. "Parker stop flirting with my sister and get over here" he said loudly, I looked at Parker and noticed his cheeks were a light red. "Bye Bria" he said before walking off, "bye Parker".

 >>*<<

"How long has it been since you've gone to a party Jacob?" Jazmyne asked as we walked down the sidewalk, "and not one of those kiddy parties that are thrown in middle school. I'm talking about a real party, a high school one".

I looked at Jacob, he shrugged "I don't know, it's been a while". "Well, you wanna go to one on Saturday?" "Sure" "but first we have to take you shopping" Jordan informed. "Is there something wrong with my clothes?" He asked curiously, "Jake who bought you that shirt?" She asked.

"My mom" I smiled at his answer, "you're too old for your mom to buy your clothes" Jordan explained. "Oh, okay" "yeah, we'll go to the mall Friday after school. Sounds good everyone?" Jazmyne questioned, I nodded "sure".
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for any mistakes.
Love,
Me
P.S. I'll be uploading a new story tomorrow, you can call it a Christmas gift.