Chapter Twenty-Two

::Jacob's P.O.V::

My grades have dropped, and I have become less.... What's the word? Motivated. After my break down, something changed. I didn't care anymore. I'd stay up late and cut myself. I'd let the voices say what they want. I had just given in. My spark had vanished.

>>*<<

::Bria's P.O.V::

"Can I see him?" I asked, Ms. Perez nodded and said "sure, he's up in his room". I stepped into the house and walked to Jacob's room. I walked in and found him sleeping, I quietly closed the door behind me. I walked over to him, I watched the covers rise and fall with every breath he took.

I brushed my fringer across his arm and I noticed his skin get goosebumps from the slight touch of my finger. "Jacob" I said lightly, he didn't stir at all. I bit my lip as I thought to myself, I carefully played with one of his curls.

He had managed to put his afro into a ponytail, but it was more like a puff ball sitting on top of his head. He had missed a single curl and I thought it was cute how it was sticking out from all the others. I sat down on the edge of the bed and sighed. Jacob hasn't been the same lately, he's quieter and his eyes aren't as.... Bright, anymore. 

He suddenly turned over and hugged my waist. I opened my mouth at the sudden action. "Hi" he breathed, I placed my hand on his back and said "hey". "When did you arrive?" He asked, "not long ago, your mother let me in".

"Oh" "yeah, how'ya feeling?" I asked, "tired" he responded. "But you just woke up from a nap, you're still tired?" I asked curiously, "not that kind of tired, the other kind of tired" "oh". He nodded a little, "yeah". He slowly ran his finger down my arm and to my pointer finger. "I'm so tired" he mumbled. "I'm sorry" I apologized, "it's not your fault" "I know, but still".

"Okay" he mumbled, I looked at him, "no" he said lightly. "I don't want to" he stated. It took me a moment to realize that he wasn't talking to me. He wasn't talking to himself either, he was talking to the voices.

"Would you stop saying that about her?" He suddenly asked, "she is not, she's not worthless". I touched his cheek, he looked at me. His big bottomless brown eyes staring up at me. "Who are they talking about?" I asked, my voice coming out as a whisper. He shook his head quickly and said "no one". He suddenly flinched, then he whimpered.

"Stop yelling" he whispered, he covered his ears and shook his head, "please stop yelling". "Jacob" I said quietly, he looked at me again. His eyes glistening with tears, "they're talking about you". "What... What are they saying?" I asked, "things, mean things". He abruptly sat up and tugged at his hair, "okay, okay, I'm sorry. I-I won't say anymore... Just please don't make me do it" he begged.

I placed a slightly shaking hand over his. He looked at me as his tears fell. I watched them stream down his cheeks. "I can't do this anymore" he whispered, "I need them to stop".

>>*<<

I stayed by Jacob's side all day. We mostly stayed in his room. Sometimes he'd have outbursts where he'd start breaking down, and other times he'll be happy and fine. It was quite confusing. I wasn't very familiar with the voices, he had only just told me about them yesterday. I now know that they've got something against me, I don't know what or why. 

"Bria" I broke away from my daze and looked at Jacob. "Yes?" I said lightly, "what're you thinkin' about?" He asked curiously, "nothing, I... I just kind of zoned out, sorry" I apologized. "No, she wasn't" Jacob mumbled, his eyes suddenly scanned my face.

"Are you with me because you feel sorry for me?" He asked as he sat up, "what? No, why would I do that to you?" I responded. "I don't know, the voices say you are, so I just asked" he explained, "the voices are wrong, Jacob I love you. I love you more than you know, I'd never do you like that". 

::Jacob's P.O.V::

I gave a small smile and said "okay, I love you too". 

We are never wrong!

I moved back and closed my eyes. 

She has some nerve, saying that we're fucking wrong. 

I whimpered, "s-stop, i-it's not that serious" I said in a hushed tone.

Yes, yes it is! She's the one who is wrong, Jacob. We don't like her, she's crossed the fucking line. You need to do something about her. 

I opened my eyes wide, "w-what do you mean? I-I don't u-understand" I stuttered. 

Get rid of her. She needs to leave, she needs to go away and never ever return. 

"No, I can't tell her that" I stated, "she won't just up and leave if I tell her". 

Then do something physical.

"What?" I asked, my voice coming out in a barely audible tone.

Hurt her!
You know you want to.
Kick her!
Kill her.

"I-I can't!" I yelled, "I'd never!". 

Then we will.

I let the terror fall over my face as my fingers began to grow fuzzy. They were taking over. "Stop it!" I yelled, I looked up at Bria. "You need to leave, now" I stated, "w-why?" She asked. "Just go, I-I'll talk to you later" I said as I forced myself to stand up, I pulled her up and pulled her to my door.

With every step I took, I could feel myself losing the fight against the voices. "I don't understand" Bria said, "you will later, I promise! Just please leave!" I quickly closed the door and locked it. I turned around and leaned against the door, I slid down until I was on the floor. 

I sniffed and my tears cascaded down my face. "Jacob" I heard Bria say from the other side of the door. 

She just doesn't know when to leave! 

"Bria, please, go! The voices... They're angry. They want to hurt you" I confessed. 

Jacob! How dare you!

I closed my eyes, "I'm sorry" I apologized. I took a deap breath and heard footsteps running down the stairs. Next the front door closed shut. I let out a soft sigh, she was gone. 

You have no fucking right!

I covered my ears, thinking it would help. 

You have no right. 
We own you.
We control you. 
We do. 

"I know" I whispered, "I-I'm sorry". 

Sorry won't cut it. Just for what you did, someone is going to die. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for any mistakes.
Love,
Me