CHAPTER FIVE

As soon as Lexa woke up the next morning she got ready and went over to Clarkes tent, people nodded and greeted her on the way past, she usually stopped to talk to them but she really just wanted to talk to the blonde so she just nodded back in acknowledgment. When Clarke told her she was ready her heart was overwhelmed with joy and she wanted to see her again as soon as possible.

As she was walking she thought to herself. I have never cared about someone more than I have Clarke, not even Costia. Clarke is strong, she is my equal. She questions decisions I make to ensure that I always make the right decisions. My people respect her because she single handedly defeated our enemy that had been draining my people of blood for nearly 100 years. If I get skaikru to join my coalition, we will be at peace which will hopefully be long lasting. Maybe a future with Clarke is possible. 

Lexa knocked and entered, "good morning, Clarke."

"Hey Lexa," she responded with a smile. "I was thinking," she said making her way over to where Lexa stood, placing her hands over Lexas shoulders as Lexa put her hands on Clarkes hips, "I want to take what he have here slowly."

The brunette nodded in agreement, "anything for you, Clarke." At that Clarke gave her a small peck on the lips.

---

When Lexa came to Clarkes tent to have dinner, they ate in comfortable silence just taking it all in. When it came time for Lexa to head back to her own tent, Clarke built up the courage to stop her, "wait, Lexa. You can stay here if you would like, to sleep." Lexa looked at Clarke, stunned.

"Only if you are comfortable with that, Clarke."

"I wouldnt have invited you if I didnt want you to stay." Clarke took Lexas hand and lead her over to her bed. The blonde moved under the furs moving over, gesturing for Lexa to follow her. The brunette pulled off her boots and slid under the furs with Clarke. At first she lay there stiffly until the blonde cuddles into her side resting her head on Lexas shoulder and her hand across Lexas toned stomach. Both girls fell into deep sleep within minutes.  

---

Lexa woke up that morning with her arms around Clarke and said blondes breath lightly tickling her neck. Lexa didnt think that she could be any happier. 

"Clarke." she whispered.

The half asleep blonde grumbled, "sshhhhh, 5 more minutes."

"I have to go to a meeting, Clarke." Lexa protested with a smile. She tenderly kissed the blondes forehead and got out of the bed to meet with her generals.

---

For the next few days the two girls spent all of their free time together sharing stories of their past. Clarke told Lexa about how she was locked up and how her mother got her father floated. The brunette told the blonde about how Anya used to train her before she was called to lead her people.  

---

After having lunch with Zoron, Clarke made her way to Lexas tent. As she walked she received nods of respect and acknowledgements from almost every villager she past saying "wanheda." It was every hard to get used to it but Lexa had informed her that it was because they respected and accepted her. 

She found Lexa going over maps intently her hair out of it usual braids, it was flowing over her left shoulder. Clarke came up behind her wrapping her arms around Lexas waist and pressing soft kisses from under her ear down to sucking on her pulse point. The brunette let out a small moan at the sensation. 

She turned around in Clarkes arms pulling her in to a searing kiss. Their lips melted together like mountain snow under the summer sun. Lexa gently bit down on the blondes lower lip earning a satisfied moan from Clarke. The commander lifted Clarke up onto the planning table, the blonde wrapped her legs around Lexa pulling her closer. Clarke sought entrance to the commanders mouth which she gladly granted.

Lexa pressed a trail of hot kisses down the blondes neck, that would surely leave a mark. She went onto Clarkes collarbone, with open mouthed kisses , gently grazing her teeth over the prominent bone, the girl moaned in response. 

Clarke brought the brunettes head back up to kiss her chastely on the lips. "If we dont stop now, I dont think I will be able to stop," the blonde said with a smile.

Lexa nodded going to stepping back, but Clarke held her close, getting down from the table. 

"When we go to camp Jaha tomorrow, do you think it is okay if we keep our relationship to ourselves and we can tell my mother and friends when we are ready?"

Lexa nodded and Clarke wrapped her arms around her neck bringing her into a firm hug. 

"Thanks Lexa" Lexa gladly returned the hug.

---

Clarke awoke with Lexa snuggled into her side. She didnt want to leave, but she knew that she had to ensure that the new found peace lasted. 

The blonde wasnt ready to face her mother and friends yet since they would just remind her of what she did to save them. She also knew that her mother would not approve with her relationship with Lexa because she knew her as the the heartless commander that killed her own personal guard and ended peoples lives without a second thought. She didnt know the real Lexa, the caring and compassionate Lexa.

"Lexa," she said quietly, "We need to get up now if we want to get to camp Jaha by mid morning."

Lexa grumbled but sat up, pecking the blonde on the lips before they both got up and prepared to leave.

--- 

They met a small group of around 10 of Lexas most trusted warriors including Zoron and Indra to depart for the skaikru camp. 

It took them about 3 hours on horses to reach the clearing in which camp jaha was situated. 

Clarke rode first as they would recognise her. "Open the gates!" she shouted.

When they didnt immediately open them Clarke called out again, "Its me, Clarke, we come in peace just open the gates."

---

A/N: Hope you all enjoyed. Tell me your thoughts in the comments <3