CHAPTER TEN

To say Clarke was nervous would be an understatement. She walked down the hall from Lexas room to her mothers. When she got to the door she knocked and waited for Abby to answer it. Her mother opened the door letting Clarke in, "how was the commander?"

"Lexa was good. There is something I need to talk to you about." Clarke sighed knowing what needed to be done. She sat down cross legged on her bed gesturing for her mother to join her. Abby came and sat down facing her daughter, curious as to what she wanted to talk about.

"I am not going public with this yet but I think its only fair if you find out from me and not from anyone else. I know you are not going to be happy about it. But, I... I am in a relationship with someone and I really, really like them but I dont think you will approve..." Clarke trailed off not sure what else to say.

"Does she make you happy and treat you well?"

"Yes." Clarke answered without a moments hesitation, "wait... What? Y-you know who it is?"

"You two arent exactly subtle, Clarke. When I came to the commanders room earlier, her shirt was on backwards and she had bruises all over her neck." Clarke blushed profusely, avoiding eye contact. Abby continued, "I mean she is not first choice of a partner for you but as long as makes you happy then I am happy. I know that ever since I sent you down here our relationship has been strained but you are my daughter and I love you."

Clarke leaned over and hugged Abby tightly, "I love you too mum." They both pulled back and smiled at each other.

"Shall we got to sleep? We have a big day tomorrow." Abby asked.

"Yeah, Good night." Clarke got under the covers and Abby went across the room and lay down in her bed.

---

Lexa woke when she heard screams. She would know that voice anywhere, it was Clarke. Lexa jumped out of bed pulled on her pants and sprinted out of her room down the hall to were Clarke and Abby were staying. She knocked once and Abby immediately opened the door, "Clarke wont wake up, I think she is having a nightmare."

"Get a cold, damp cloth." Lexa ordered not bothering with politeness. Abby complied instantly. The brunette walked swiftly over to the blonde. She had a thin layer of sweat covering her body. Lexa sat next to her on the bed, cupping her cheek whispering softly, "Hey Clarke, wake up, it is just a dream. Its me, Lexa." At Lexas voice Clarke sat up abruptly breathing in short rapid breathes.

"Lexa." She said tears rolling freely down her cheeks..

"I am here Clarke, its okay."

The blonde nodded suggling her way in between Lexas legs her side pressed up against Lexas front. She wrapped one arm around the girl behind her and grabbed onto her shirt with the other as if to keep her from ever leaving. The commander wrapped her arms around Clarke pulling her closer kissing the top of her head and whispering words of comfort into Clarkes ear. 

By the time Abby came back both girls were soundly asleep. In that moment all of Abbys doubts about Lexa drifted away and she knew that the Commander would take care of her daughter. She was glad that she had found someone that would protect and love Clarke.

---

Clarke awoke still in Lexas arms, her hand still clutching onto her shirt with the brunette gently running her hands through Clarkes hair. "Morning," Clarke greeted with a groggy voice.

"Good morning, Clarke."

"I... Im really sorry about last nigh-" The blonde started.

"Never apologize for something that was not your fault." Lexa interrupted.

Clarke turned around so their fronts were flush together. The blonde brought their lips together in a short, chaste kiss, "Thank you for being there for me, Lexa. It means a lot to me."

"Anything for you Clarke." Lexa kissed her again, "Are you hungry?"

"Always, lets go get some breakfast," Clarke answered getting up. The commander smiled at her and got up with her girlfriend.

"Did you bring a shirt or shoes?" Clarke asked clearly amused.

Lexa looked down at herself she was just wearing her normal pants and a tank top that was a bit to short so it showed a glimpse of her toned stomach and no shoes, "Uh no I was in a bit of a hurry when I came here."

"Thanks okay, we will stop by your room on the way to get some clothes before some food."

---

After they got their food, they made their way over to a table that only Octavia was sitting at. "Hey O, is it alright if we sit here?"

"Yeah sure." Octavia answered even though it was clear she didnt want either of them there.

They ate in an awkward silence until Octavia had had enough, "So are we just going to sit here pretending you didnt let a bomb drop on me?"

"I..." Clarke began but Lexa replied instead anger seeping into her usually emotionless voice.

"You cant rely on Clarke to get your people out of impossible situations and then shun her for the choice she makes which is clearly the only way to save everyone. If she had of evacuated TonDC then everyone would still be getting drained of blood in the mountain and you brother would be dead. Now, tell me would you prefer she saved 200 people in TonDC or the thousands of people in mount weather?" When Octavia didnt answer she continued her onslaught, "Not to mention you would be dead already if it wasnt for Clarke."

"What?" Octavia asked confused.

"When I found out you knew about the missile I sent one of my warriors to kill you but Clarke realized something was wrong and went to save you. She convinced me that you were loyal and would not say anything. She is the only reason your still alive." 

"I... I didnt realize Clarke, I am so sorry." Octavia admitted sincerely.

"Its okay O,"

"No Clarke, its not. I was so awful to you Clarke, I should have figured out the whole story before I did anything."

"No really Octavia, its okay. I just hope that in due time we can become friends again. I missed you."

"I missed you too."

---

A/N: I hope you enjoyed. There will be another chapter tomorrow because I am on holidays. I hope you have a great day/ night. Dont forget to comment and like if you want to. Thank you for so much support <3