Enlighten Me (Ryden)

"He shouldn't have been here!" It was stupid, Brendon knew it was. But just as he had bought a fucking 18 karat ring, there he saw Ryan Ross smirking in the corner. He looked fucking smug, and that was the first time Brendon had seen him in God knows how long. How he wanted to punch him right there, but Ryan was bold enough to land a fucking punch on him after Brendon had said something bad.

"Brendon, why were you even there in the first place?" Sarah had asked, sighing. She frowned at the man, slowly shrinking into her chair. She had hoped none of this would happen, she felt something funny in her stomach earlier, and she'd known that someday Brendon would cross paths with Ryan.

She just wanted to know why he was in that place in the first place. A jewelry shop, a necklace maybe? Or a new watch? He was complaining about his old watch being broken, but he didn't really use it anymore.

"That, my lovely lovely girlfriend, is a story for another time." Sarah groans at his response, already to far on excitement to go back. She wanted to know, she was too curious to not know, it was eating her up.

"No seriously Brendon, what were you doing there?" Sarah had asked, more demanding than worried this time. Brendon merely chuckled, hints of his hidden nervousness coming above the surface.

He couldn't tell her, not yet, anyway. She would know soon, hopefully. Or maybe not, how would she know?

"I will tell you, I promise, but not now." Brendon said lovingly, holding Sarah's hand as she was cleaning up a cut, smiling like an idiot. And he fucking loved her.

Meanwhile, Ryan Ross was back at his apartment, sweating bullets, his lip hurting — no, actually bleeding — and his head pounding. He had to explain to the cab driver what happened.

He poured himself a cup of coffee, cold from the morning. It was bitter on his tongue as he didn't bother with creamer or sugar, he just felt like he needed the extra energy. He threw the mug in the sink, causing the damned thing to crack and the holder to split apart from it. He didn't care, he could buy a new one. He had the money.

He ran himself a warm bath, washing all of the blood off his mouth and proceeding to wash and condition his greasy hair. He felt disgusting, but he couldn't deny it felt so good to see Brendon again, and pound a fist or two on his face.

He decided that he couldn't stay home today, he was going to go job hunting today, he thought. 65% jobless is what the people on Twitter say about him today. He had jobs, some more generous with the pay than others, but he couldn't stay on one. He didn't like it, in fact, the only thing he ever liked was smoking weed and singing, but he gave up on both.

He dressed up nicely, the way businessmen would. He thought he looked smart enough, but his hair, my god, his hair. So he used his unscented hair gel to pull his hair back. He looked mature, he didn't like who he's become.

He had remembered that he had a law degree (who would forget?) from Harvard, which he decided he would out to good use. Ryan, though intelligent, is not nearly as witty or as wise as the common man. He decided to attend to the next licensure examination, maybe he'd become a lawyer? Until then, he would work at a cafe or shop or something.

He pulled out his iPhone 6s, which came to him as a gift from his old friend Dan from the UK. He had thanked him a million times of course, but Dan has said it was okay. Proceeding to check on when the next exam would take place and sigh. It would be in three months, not enough for studying.

He pondered on which job would allow more time for studying, so he pondered upon YouTuber and waiter person. He decided on both, because he was already pretty famous and people would go nuts. He wanted to be a waiter in case the potential YouTube career would flop.

So he sent out a tweet, Making a YouTube channel, I hope you guys check it out. 👏 #RyanRossHasAYouTubeChannel

And it trended worldwide for a few days, just after a few seconds of posting it.

Brendon saw this of course, and he immediately subscribed. He loved two people at once, it was impossible to not be gay because of Ryan Ross.