5

Justin's p.o.v.

its been weeks since I've seen Mack. the night we had sex in her trailer was probably the best night of my life. when I woke up the next morning she was gone. I ran to her room and all her stuff was gone too. I was sad and pissed off. how could she just up and leave? I called her cell maybe 60 times and she never answered. I called Mindy and she hadn't heard from her either. apparently Mackenzie told her she was going away, somewhere far, for a while.

I was officially worried that something bad had happened to her. I really cared about her and still do. I called Mindy to ask if she heard anything and same like always it was a no. I decided to try and get in touch with her mom. I remember her briefly telling me about her parents. her dad left when she was really little, so It was always just her and her mom. damn it! what was her moms name? Renee? no. Rachel? no. Erika? no. Erin? YES! that was it. Erin. Erin Oakland.

i quickly pulled up Google on my laptop. i searched her moms name and got her address. i wrote it down and ran to the car. i pulled out the driveway and put the address in my gps. lets hope Erin knows where Mack is.

Mack's p.o.v.

"hey mom, I'm going out for a surf, be back in a couple hour or more, i don't really know." i yelled. i heard a faint 'OK' before i slammed the backdoor closed. i ran out to the beach and stood there for the longest time just watching the waves. it was so peaceful and quite out here. it only gets better out in the water.

i jumped in and swam out. once i was out far enough i just laid back on the board. i closed my eyes and went to my quite place. i thought about Justin, of course, like i do everyday, i thought about the possible reasons as to why my dad left us, and i thought about Luke. i don't know why i always thought about Luke. he broke my heart, but there's still that small piece of me that misses him. they way it used to be. i got up into ready positioned and looked for a wave.

Justin's p.o.v.

i pulled up to Mack's moms driveway. i got out and went to knock on the door. i very pretty woman answered the door, who i assumed to be Erin. "hi Mrs. Oakland, my name is Justin. I'm good friends with your daughter. um, i don't really know how to put this, but shes disappeared. no one can find her and i was wondering if by any chance you knew where she was?" she chuckled and shook her head, looking down. i was very confused.

"Justin, call me Erin. i know who you are. Mackenzie told me all about you and how nice you have been to her. that was really sweet of you to take her in like that." she paused. "shes here. shes been here all along." i looked at her in disbelief. "well where is she can i see her?" i got up and looked around.

"shes out surfing right now. probably wont be back in for a few hours or so. you re more then welcome to stay, if you would like. do you drink coffee or tea?" i smiled at how genuine she was being. "coffee please." she made a pot and poured it into two cups. "cream? sugar?" "both please." she handed me the cup and i took a sip. "lets go sit out on the porch." i followed her out to the porch and stood by the railing.

"is that her?" i asked about the person out in the water. "yep, that's her. shes good isn't she?" i nodded my head; Erin continued. "i always told her she should go pro, like her father, but she insisted modeling was a better suit for her." i smiled. "well she is an amazing model. shes really got what it takes. I've been to a couple of her shoots and shes fantastic. shes not only gorgeous, but she focus and determined. she really loves what she does and she works hard."

"you really care about her don't you?" i looked down, then out to where Mack was surfing. "ya i do." "you know, you remind me a lot of Mackenzie's father when he was your age." she stated. "if you don't mind me asking, what happened to her father?"

"oh, he left us when Mackenzie was really little. maybe two or three? anyway, he wanted to become a pro surfer. i knew with that came all the traveling and cameras and what not, so i said i didn't want to go. i wanted Mackenzie to grow up in one house and live there her whole life. i didn't want her to constantly be picked up and moved from place to place. i figured he would stay, if not for me, then for his child, but apparently his dreams were bigger then anything else. he had gotten a letter in the mail from a sponsor company who, if he accepted, would fly him to Hawaii for a competition. he left for Hawaii and never came back. the last i heard was he got remarried and has two kids now."

i pulled Erin into a hug. "I'm really sorry." i pulled away and looked at her. "its okay. in a way, I'm kind of happy with how everything turned out. if he had stayed around, he would have forced Mackenzie to become pro surfer and i knew she didn't want that. I'm happy she chose modeling and found her way to you. she really likes you and i do too." i smiled down at Erin and she smiled at me.

i heard footsteps come up the beach. "Justin? what are you doing here?"