The Daleks are unable to kill The Doctor...

In any given episode of Doctor Who, it's taken for granted that the Doctor will spout a lot of expositional dialogue, and that the villain of the week will allow him to do so unchallenged. Such is frequently the case with the Daleks, the Doctor's greatest enemies, who, while regularly in a position to end the Doctor's life, instead choose to let him ramble for a while before he makes his escape.

While many might see this as simply a convention of the show's formula, others have begun speculating that there might be a reason for the Daleks' inaction and repeated failure to kill the Doctor. Way back during the Tom Baker era of Doctor Who, the Fourth Doctor found himself in a position to destroy the Daleks – one which he rejected, ultimately leading to their initial creation in the first place. Some fans believe that because of this paradox, the Daleks are actually unable to kill the Doctor – they can't do so for risk of eliminating themselves from the timeline as a result.

This theory gained more traction as a result of the most recent Season Nine of the modern Doctor Who, in which the Doctor saved the life of the child who would grow up to be Davros, creator of the Daleks. Thus the Daleks are forever desperate to kill the Doctor, but ultimately unable to do so without risking the life of their creator.

credit ; screenrant.com