Chapter 3

Please leave a vote or a comment if you enjoy this part! Hearing from you guys makes my day! Thank you ^.^

- Alec -

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

- Alec -

After Silver and I were wedded, we were pushed from place to place, person to person, and pulled in every direction. I must've spoken to hundreds of strangers during the course of the night, and although I was sure most of them told me their names, I couldn't recall a single one. I blamed it on all the drinks I'd had.

I was relieved when the parties and the socializing were over. Exhaustion was close to overtaking me; I'd hardly slept the night before. I replayed Edlyn's visit over and over in my head, picturing everything I could've done differently. I should've said something more, although I don't know what that would be. I'd meant to encourage her to leave Iora and forget about me, but instead I'd brought her to tears with my efforts to keep my own feelings at bay.

It had only gotten harder when she'd told me that she loved me. I wanted to yell at the top of my lungs that I loved her too, even if Silver's family heard. But I couldn't.

"What are you thinking about?"

I glanced down at the girl hanging on my arm. I'd forgotten she was there. "Just tired. And a bit drunk," I lied. I feigned a yawn and then continued. "I didn't sleep well last night. I'll be glad to get some rest."

I knew it wouldn't work, but I had to try. I knew what came after the wedding, the party, and the happy strangers. I knew how eager Silver was to remain heir to the throne. To be queen. There was only one way to secure her reign, and it was the last thing I wanted.

"Well," she said, giggling. She was a tad tipsy as well, though she'd had less than a glass of fairy wine. "You'll be able to sleep soon, I promise. Your job isn't done just yet."

My shoulders tensed, but I didn't argue. I'm sure Silver felt the change, but she only held my arm more tightly.

I wanted to run far from here. But there guards were escorting us to our new bed chambers, two in front and two behind. Too far to overhear our whispers, but close enough to stop me if I did attempt to get away.

I swallowed hard and marched forward as I'd done so many times before in the face of fear. This time, though, it was different—worse, somehow. I wouldn't be granted a swift death. An end. I would have to deal with it for the rest of my life. And I was terrified.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
White Shadowsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें