Twenty One

Jacob, Phil, and Dan hurried to make their way to the police station and we're waiting to be served. Jacob didn't know if knowing who Troye was with made him feel worse or better, especially with it being Tyler. Dan had reassured Jacob that Connor was a good kitty and would do his best to take care of Troye... That is if he hadn't gone insane alongside Tyler.

"Mr. Bixenman? How can I help you today?"

Jacob hurried to get up and follow the officer to a room, the officer introducing himself as Deputy Butler.

"My pet, um, he's a neko, was kidnapped."

"Oh? What's this kitty's name?"

"His name is Troye."

"And do you have any assumptions...?"

"Yes. I believe he was taken by his old owner, Tyler Oakley."

🐾🐾🐾

"Connor?" Troye whispered, poking Connor's side, waking the older kitty up. "The truck stopped."

Connor was instantly awake, shifting so he was leaning on his hands, ears pricked towards the door. "When it opens we have to sneak out, okay?"

Troye nodded, one hand on the floor and the other on his bell, silencing it.

The door rolled up about thirty minutes later, and the driver was left facing the load. "Wait, Joe? I forgot something in the restaurant."

"Good Job, Caspar. Not that I'm surprised..."

Connor watched as the tall blonde one, Caspar, left and walked back towards the diner. Connor took this as the perfect opportunity to grab Troye's hand and drag him out of the truck, beginning to run as soon as their bare feet hit the pavement.

By the time they stopped they were both panting, leaning against the wall of the small grocery store that they had come across. "T-Troye?" Connor panted, "do you have any money?"

"N-no. Connoooooor... I'm hungry."

"I am too," Connor replied. "But we don't have any money."

Troye frowned and his lip started to quiver. He was awfully hungry, he almost felt sick. And he was cold. And tired, even though he had slept for a long time on the truck.

"Let's go in and figure out where we are, okay? Then we can go find something to eat."

Troye decided this would be a good time to have a breakdown, instantly bursting into tears and mewling. "I just wanna go home!" he sobbed, crying and muttering about how much he missed Jacob and how hungry he was.

"Listen," Connor said softly, rustling the curls between Troye's folded ears, "I told you, we're going to get you home. We will get food in a moment, and you will get to sleep tonight. Look, it's almost dark again."

This made Troye wail even louder, much to Connor's surprise. "It isn't supposed to be dark again! That means we drove all night and all day! T-Tyler only drove us a few hours! Oh no, Connah! We're so far from home..."

Connor was silent for a minute as he realized that Troye was right. They must have been driving for near 24 hours.

"Oh no! Oh no oh no oh no..."

"Shhh, we'll be okay."

"No! I just want daddy! I want daddy NOW."

"Troye I can't do anything unless you calm down."

"Bu-"

"Um, excuse me?"

Both kittens looked towards the source of the voice to find that an older lady with short gray hair was looking at them.

"I don't mean to interrupt but... are you two okay? Do you need anything?"

"Well-"

"I WANT DADDY!"

"Troye be quiet for a minute-"

"NO!"

"I'm sorry he's just-"

"Connie!"

"Ya know, if you could tell us where we are that would be great."

The lady smiled, not paying attention to Troye who was sitting on the ground now, bawling his eyes out.  "Of course honey. You're in Arnprior."

Connor gave her a confused look. "Where?"

"Arnprior Ontario, close to Ottawa," she said. "Would you like me to get a map for-"

"Connoooor! I told you we were far from home! Oh no!"

"Where are you two from?"

"LA."

The lady's eyes widened, then narrowed. "How on earth did you two get here? You must belong to someone. Where are they?"

"In LA!" Troye wailed.

"We got on the back of a truck quite a ways back," Connor explained, pulling Troye to his feet and petting him. "We were in quite a bit of trouble and Troye just wanted to get home..."

The lady shook her head with a sigh, waving the nekos over. Troye stayed still while Connor walked over, unsure if he should trust the new lady. He didn't know her after all, and Jacob had told him not to talk to strangers. Connor seemed to trust her though, so he slowly made his way over to her. He stayed out of her reach though, and ducked back when she tried to touch him. She was understanding though, and held out one hand while the other one scratched at Connor's itchy ears. Connor purred and angled his head to get her to scratch all over, appreciating the feeling of someone being gentle.

Once Troye had sniffed her he decided she was gentle enough and walked towards her carefully, head held low as he did so. He was soon purring too, until they were joined by a man and Troye bolted back, shaking as he looked at the newcomer. Connor didn't seem nervous though, which was reassuring.

"Mike, we need to take these two home. Get them bathed and get some food into them. I'll explain once everything is done."

The man just nodded, a confused look on his face as the lady, who was presumably his wife, opened the door to the car and waved them in. Once again, Connor was much more confident than Troye and hopped right into the car while Troye spent a moment sniffing around and taking in his surroundings. Troye decided that it was safe after a moment though and climbed in, settling down beside Connor and looking out the window as they started to drive.

It was too cold.

🐾

the  actual time from LA to Arnprior is 40h, because youre traveling diagonally across the whole US, but this is an AU so lets play pretend

anyways THANK YOU GUYS FOR GETTING RATLEE TO 1K (ACTUALLY MORE THAN THAT) IM SO HAPPY 

anyways i gtg to class how fun hA

ttylllll