Thirty Eight

The couple laid together for a few minutes until they heard Jacob's phone go off. It was Alfie saying that if Troye wanted Zoe could come over, as Alfie was on their side of town and Zoe was with him. Troye got excited at the idea of seeing his best friend again so Jacob said she could come.

Troye was feeling a tiny bit better after their little chat. He just needed to be reminded that he was loved and to know that Jacob wanted to raise the kitten even if it was not of his own blood.

The neko got up and walked out to the kitchen, flicking the kettle to on before going about tidying up the living room. He walked back to the bedroom and pulled one of Jacob's flannels out, not bothering to ask if he could wear it, just pulling it on and buttoning it up. He pushed his skirt to the floor and kicked it off, picking both it and his shirt up and throwing them in the hamper. Zoe and him were going to relax, drink hot chocolate and talk, not have a play date. He wanted to be comfortable.

"You look good," Jacob said, walking up behind Troye and wrapping his arms around the kitty, placing a gentle kiss to the neko's neck before letting go and walking into the kitchen, Troye following him.

"Thank you," the neko replied with a giggle rolling off his tongue. Jacob passed him the hot chocolate mix and he began to make it, as Jacob had shown him how. Right as he was finishing off the drinks there was a knock on the door, making the kitty's ears perk forward. He hurried to the door, throwing his arms around Zoe the second it was opened.

"Oh my gosh Troye," the small neko exclaimed, hugging her friend back just as tightly. "I was so worried about you..."

"I missed you so so much," Troye muttered back, kissing Zoë's cheek before stepping back and smiling at Alfie. "Thank you for bringing her," Troye said, smiling widely before dragging Zoë into the apartment.

Their first stop was the kitchen, where they grabbed their drinks and a package of Oreo cookies, heading to the bedroom. Troye enjoyed laying on the bed more than sitting on the couch, and Jacob let him get away with it.

"So, we have a lot to talk about," Troye started, sipping his hot chocolate before setting it on the bedside table. Zoë was stretched out on her belly and Troye was sat against the headboard, hand on his belly. "How has life with Alfie been?"

"Oh, it's been wonderful!" Zoë said, her voice dripping with love and excitement. "I love living with him so much, he is so nice to me and he is so loving and caring... he is everything a kitty could ask for."

"I'm happy for you," Troye replied, pulling the top off of an Oreo so he could lick out the middle. "Alfie seems like a great owner."

"He really is. How have things been with you? After everything that went on, I mean."

"It's been hard," Troye said truthfully. "I've had moments when I don't want him to touch me or when I'm nervous around him, even though I know he would never hurt me. But he still puts up with me through it all, and he manages to calm me down every time. I love him more than anything."

"That's really cute, Tro. I'm so happy that you're happy. I know that while the rest of us got used to the living situation you didn't, and I'm beyond happy that you finally found someone to care for you in the way you require."

"Thank you," Troye said, smiling softly at Zoe. His smile left his face a moment later though, his expression turning serious. "Connor and Tyler have both passed away... I didn't know if you knew that."

Zoe nodded. "I did. It's sad, isn't it?"

"Yes. I ended up getting to be very close to Connor during his last few weeks. He really was sweet when you got to know him."

"I didn't talk to him more than I had to when we were at Tyler's. I feel bad about that. I guess there isn't really anything we can do now though, right?"

Troye shook his head. "No. Connor didn't have to die though... I miss him."

Zoe smiled sympathetically, patting Troye's hand.

"I do have some more news too," Troye said, butterflies in his tummy coming alive.

"Ooh, what is it? Is it happy news this time? If not I'm not sure that I want to hear it."

Troye giggled. "It is happy. Exciting... Can you guess?"

"Well I don't see any rings... Did you get a new collar or something?"

"Noooo! Guess again."

"Did he buy you something? Like a phone or a toy or outfit?"

"Yes, but that's not the surprise!"

"I dunno Troye, just tell me!"

Troye giggled at the fact that Zoe hadn't even came close to guessing properly before resting a second hand on his belly, beside the one that had been resting there since they had sat down. "I'm pregnant."

Zoe's jaw dropped in disbelief and she just stared at him for a little while in shock.  "Wait really?" Troye nodded and Zoe squealed, looking at Troye with her blue eyes full of excitement. "Oh my god! I didn't even know you were fertile! This is so exciting! I'm pretty much going to be an aunt. How far along are you?"

Troye shrugged. "Long enough that they could check the gender. I didn't get  them to though."

"This is so amazing, T! I'm so happy for you! Being a neko the gestation period will be cut in half, meaning babies oh so much sooner! Do you know how many? Is there only going to be one?"

"As far as I know, there will only be one kitten."

"Congratulations, Tro. Do you have any names thought up?"

"I don't have any girl names, but I do have a boy name."

"What is it?"

"Joel."